South Carolina

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I have too many words about this situation that I don't feel like typing so, I'll just say F south carolina and F michigan! If true, penalties have to be severe.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  2. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I might be putting on too much tinfoil, but even if they did find USCjr evidence, I don’t think the NCAA would release it unless they had to. It would make something already ugly a potential catastrophe for the sport. The cleanest thing to do would be nuke Harbaugh, smack Michigan around, and act like it was only one bad apple that’s been snuffed out.

let me also say I’d be stunned if they were the only school in the country doing things like this.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I tend to agree but reaching out to sabotage another school's path that's not in your conference is another level of dishonesty and both schools involved need to pay. (If proven true)

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Again I assume every school has someone watching other teams, recording and reviewing. Hell I do it for the lacrosse coach so they can clip and study plays and player moves. Signals is different I suppose but teams and coaches have always in every sport tried to learn other teams signals.
    The whole help the other team who is playing a team which may take your playoff spot gets weird.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dude, I was trying to think of what connection there could be. This is something.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Also if proven true, the heads at the SEC should be raising hell and going after blood.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure anything would satisfy me. Marooned on Mars, perhaps. Or confined to living in a latrine.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

and it would be super easy for Sankey to drop the hammer since USC blows.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, it is the last bit that gets me.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It potentially would mean south carolina cost every school in the conference money, with shared bowl revenue. Make them pay it out.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

For the SEC to get involved, y'all know it would take it affecting a bammer outcome. The SEC is going to turn a blind eye and leave it to the NCAA. The NCAA is going to drag their feet and do nothing for months, investigate for a year, deliberate for another year, and wind up punishing some low level staff that's probably already left the organization.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

SEC Shorts had it right. Some podunk random school will get crucified for some minor infraction so the NCAA can talk about how tough their enforcement is after they wag their finger at Michigan.

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Need a reporter to ask Beamer so he can fidget around and look like he’s got Tourette’s

14. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

If proven true, kick UsC out of SEC as punishment? Vacate wins? Blackball Beamer (and/or coaches involved)?

$100 handshakes are one thing, but this is another level of cheating.

But as previously mentioned, unless Saban cries, the SEC will do little. The NCAA even less, unless Las Vegas tells them otherwise.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

To recap:

We know Michigan sent someone here for the Kentucky game.
    Direct link between Harbauugh and the South Carolina DC.
    South Carolina goes from 6 points against a dog shit Florida team to 63 points against a potential playoff team in a week (the most ever scored against us by an SEC team and the most points ever against an AP top 5 team).
    Wears wristbands for the first time all year against us.
    Beamer involved in a similar scandal while he was at VT.

All coincidences, obviously.

Memtownvol, justingroves and IP like this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

As much smoke as this is getting, his season is not going well enough for him to avoid the question for long.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Oh and on an unrelated note, I read a click bait article that ranked South Carolina as the 6th worse college in the US. It was a crap list with no defined grading scale, but I still gave it a like.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Most traumatic loss of my adulthood. They broke Hooker's knee. There is no penalty too severe.