Dogs

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Ssmiff, Jul 20, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We decided after a couple of days that it bothered us watching her more than it was bothering her.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

they really don’t give a shit. Just deal with it

3. Ssmiff

Eddie got into some onions and [uck fay]ed him up for 3 days pretty bad. We were worried he was poisoned. Somehow that dude coughed them up 48 hours later like a magician and was back to normal within a couple.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

When I was a kid we had a black lab that was a copperhead hunter. He’d sniff those bastards out, kill them, then go lay on the porch and swell up and slobber for about 4 hours and then be good as new

justingroves, A-Smith and warhammer like this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We had a Bassett that was the same. Two or three times each summer, you'd seem him the same way. He'd crawl up under the house for a day or so and come out good as new.

6. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Evidently runs in the family.

7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

We're at an agonizing point with ours.

She's approaching 16 years old now, we've had her since she was a puppy. She's lost a lot of weight but is still eating a lot. She still moves around okay, stretches, etc but convincing her to go outside during our inclement weather was a no-go. She just stood outside shivering.

Since that has produced... expected results she now lives in our basement workshop which makes it even more depressing as she's effectively cut off from us. I've also had to stop giving her baths because she'd cry out in pain so.. again we're at an agonizing decision.

8. Ssmiff

It’s always tough but may I ask why she’s cut off from you?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

First retrieve

30154.jpeg

VolDad and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

End of the road for my beagle tomorrow. 17 years nearly to the day. Had her since Eric Ainge was quarterback. She has been from the Atlantic to the Colorado River to the capital. Like a mini Forrest Gump, she mingled with those [ussy pay] hat people and pre-jan 6 jan 6ers while om her routine walks in the city. Chased grey squirrels,, then red squirrels, then Norwegian rats. Then grey squirrels again.. Came from a dumpster in Knox County. Outlived her two litter mates by years. Picked a fight with a pit bull twice, lost badly twice but doesn't believe it and lived to tell the tale.

She can't stop alternating between Trump and Biden impressions. Truly "both sides." I suspect she had a stroke, all the blood work is normal but she keeps having twitches and seizures, always staggering and collapsing like she just raided jayvol's beer fridge...
    I probably waited 2 weeks too long but she had a few good days along the way and it is hard.

Sucks bad.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Sucks man.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hate that, IP, but 17 years is a damn good run

justingroves and Ssmiff like this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Sorry man, Beagles are special.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Condolences dude, you gave her a good life, but it always sucks when it’s over. Give her all the love you can tonight.

justingroves likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm sorry IP

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IP, I am sorry for the pain that you and your family are going through and will be going through. Your description of her life have my eyes watering. You have her a good life and should be proud of yourself.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

So sorry, IP.

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Most of us have been there, done that. It sucks. Sorry IP.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just had to bury my 5 year old golden doodle. Had a blockage from a chew toy and had to have 8” of his colon removed. Had a second surgery when it leaked. Got the call this morning he passed away in recovery.

Honestly this is excruciating pain. This dude was there when people in my life walked out. Best dog I’ve ever had… and honestly I won’t ever have another. Can’t have this pain again.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Damn this is terrible stuff. Sorry bout your dogs guys. Hims and hers was a good boys and girls.