Dogs

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Ssmiff, Jul 20, 2022.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I would give just about anything to know what my dogs are thinking at almost any point in time.

Would be especially helpful to know when the puppy was thinking about taking a shit.

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’ve wondered as well how they think, since they can’t speak a language.
    Like when I say something to Lenny and I can tell he’s processing it..is this a trick, what’s dads motive, etc, then he will turn and walk to me. How do you process without thinking in a language?

3. Ssmiff

Lenny got his hair did before our trip

Attached Files:

emainvol likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Beach bum.

Attached Files:

emainvol likes this.
  5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Cropped out wife because don’t think she’ll appreciate it, but maybe favorite picture I’ve ever taken of my old man[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My wife said he couldn't be on the couch...that ended about a week after he got here 33648.jpeg

CardinalVol likes this.
  7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Dogs should be allowed on the couch. Especially when they look like that.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. CardinalVol

She laughs at you saying she cant be on the couch,

[​IMG]

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We are cruising now. Puppy is almost 1 year old which is really hard to believe. Still have the occasional in house accident, like last night, but that was more our fault than hers.

It’s tricky when you have one dog that knows the routine like the back of her hand (paw?), knows all the sounds the backyard makes and doesn’t get distracted when the wisps of grass in the front yard move a millimeter. You take that for granted.

11. CardinalVol

Other than somehow she can still wiggle her way through parts of our fence, she's doing well. Thankfully no more socks. She has a tennis ball addiction and we've actually had to hide a toy or two because she would go crazy playing with it. But, I've never had a dog that loved to fetch before so I love it too.

I've got a friend I've told he can train her and use her to hunt if he wants. I do feel kinda bad about that because it's in her genes strong. There's a few squirrels that live in the trees here and I kind of want to let her loose just to see what she would do when she's barking at them.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

She will 100% tree them and bay up. It's hardwired in them. But don't let her run trash, let the friend get her focused on raccoons and bears.

justingroves and CardinalVol like this.
  13. CardinalVol

That's the plan as long as he wants to. She'd be too good. You can just tell.

justingroves likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have never met your dog but I guarantee she wants to, haha

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

My dad always maintained that female hounds were superior at finding and running trails. The males were goofballs until a pack put them on the tree.

16. CardinalVol

The guy we got her from ended up keeping two of her brothers. I added him as a friend on Facebook and he'll post videos of them. Last night he had to march over half a mile in the woods to find one of them.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I lost more than one weekend as a kid trekking after hounds in Alaska. Not as many roads, they could be 5 miles off a road at a tree waiting for you to come leash them up. On the other side of a muskeg.

justingroves and CardinalVol like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fun times, I've had to run beagles and coon dogs down a lot in the middle of nowhere several times

19. Ssmiff

Lenny was staring at me after being out for awhile. Asked him what he wanted then he came over, hit me with his paw, went back to the door and stared at me again. he had left another gift. No idea how he got a bird.

Attached Files:

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So, here's his face waiting to go throw a bumper 33872.jpeg

NYY likes this.