New NCAA Investigation…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Jan 30, 2024.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the leaks are coming from the NCAA. Tennessee should subpoena their records and see if they are intentionally leaking details that harm Tennessee and circumventing their own due process. How do we get this message up the chain? I am being serious, they are clearly who leaked the info pointing towards Nico and the plane. I bet they tipped off Forde too. That's not right.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not a lot going on so it’s in the news.

3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

justingroves likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maybe.

I can also see a situation where Tennessee goes full throttle off the bat and leaks it, or at minimum is ready to go full throttle. Forde's initial article just said under investigation.

Regardless, we have the upper hand at the moment.

5. CardinalVol

Here's Andy Staples (who has been as consistently fair to Tennessee for the last 7 years as anyone) explaining it. He knows this stuff inside and out. Easily my favorite CFB media person.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want scalps, y'all. I am tired of this shit. There is nothing going on at Tennessee that isn't also happening at every major college. You think foreign future NBA pros are going to little Gonzaga and eating ramen?

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, the head of the NCAA committee is also the president at UGA? Didn't Iamaleava get recruited by Georgia too? [uck fay]ing get this in a court room.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where's the investigation?

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They are coming from the NCAA and were placed in the NYT because that is what University administrators read. (per Finbaum)

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is egregious, is it not? For the NCAA to be notifying the NYT prior to the university?

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Good listen.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IMO they are like a petulant child throwing a temper.... WE ARE STILL RELEVANT, WE ARE STILL RELEVANT,...

and they are basically getting a big [uck fay] you from everyone. I don't think that they expected that.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

You can learn a lot if you read and listen to him.

And he's right - the NCAA is trying for it to be 5 years ago, because otherwise....why do they exist?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

They operate so unprofessionally and inconsistently, it is without comparison.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

You’d think a 9-0 shutout in the Supreme Court would’ve humbled them a bit…but some need their ass kicked over and over again before figuring out they’re not as tough as they thought they were.

warhammer, NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I thought Baker was the NCAA leader? Former governor and a Harvard dude, I think. I may be misunderstanding the reference to "NCAA committee".

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Alabama and Georgia have built empires cheating their balls off with total impunity and they want to scalp Tennessee for this. If I’m Danny White I’m seizing this opportunity to play dirty and burn the NCAA to the ground.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

How quickly can the attorney general get involved? I really think this needs to be a shock and awe response.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

From Reddit (some of you may recognize this since it was modified from another pasta):

NIL RULES! IMPORTANT!

1. ⁠You can’t just be up there and just doin’ NIL like that.

1a. NIL is when you

1b. Okay well listen. NIL is when you compensate athletes for their

1c. Let me start over

1c-a. The school is not allowed to compensate the, uh, name, image, or likeness, you know, just trying to pay them. You can’t do that.

1c-b. Once the athlete is enrolled, he can’t be over here and say to the school, like, “you better pay me! You better pay me!” and then just be like he didn’t even do that.

1c-b(1). Like, if you’re about to pay the player and then don't pay , you have to still pay. You cannot not pay. Does that make any sense?

1c-b(2). You gotta be, signing the NIL deals, and then, until you just.

1c-b(2)-a. Okay, well, you can have the NIL deal written here, like this, but then there’s the NCAA you gotta think about

1c-b(3). Okay seriously though. An NIL deal is when the school makes a commitment that, as determined by, when you do a move involving the image and likeness of

2. Do not do a NIL please.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the compliance people must justify their existence, shift into monitoring for gambling/fixed games more. Shift into improving officiating. Quit trying to deprive young people of life-changing opportunities.

VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.