Artificial General Intelligence and the Future

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Jun 5, 2023.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Uhm....Ready Player One was a dystopian novel, a warning. Not something we need to strive for. Wow.

IP likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

Taylor Swift pre-recorded a song about her break up with Kelce

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Might belong in the Politics thread, but this new website or app or whatever it is that tells you whether a picture is human or AI generated seems problematic. Apparently it doesn't work, but people are using it to prove/disprove all sorts of things from this stuff going on in Israel and Gaza.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is no way to definitely distinguish anymore. It can easily interpret image processing as "generated" when it wasn't, and also miss generated images from time to time.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

And this is the true danger.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

One of the AI robot things at the Sphere (in Vegas) specifically called me out last night. It turned, stared at me for a bit, said something like “person in the blue and white shirt, what is your name,” and then proceeded to have a conversation with me.

@NorrisAlan - I highly recommend that you stay as far away from that place as possible lol

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sam Altman fired today.

And the #2 quit.

And the interim CEO is a babe.

9. NorrisAlan

This video makes me laugh. I love it.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

11. NorrisAlan

One year of development...

12. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Thats pretty amazing and like the guy says "this is the worst its going to get." Looks like this AI age will have a bigger impact than the computer or internet. Right now we're in the "good old day's" of "remember when", and I grew up without the internet.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Feels like we are careening down the path of easter Island, but instead of Moai heads it will be massive energy use just for cool videos of shit.

14. NorrisAlan

That is one of many things about this that I worry about, but I feel it is further down the totem pole than cultural and economic havoc that it can wreak.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sam Altman is quite interesting. The way he talks about AI is very interesting. Both scary and exciting. His view on universal income because of the future of AGI is something.

16. CardinalVol

Asking Gemini to create a picture of a 1930s professional baseball player and it gives you a picture of a black man is something else.

17. NorrisAlan

You didn't specify which league to be fair.

IP likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

Apparently aliens on Uranus are dragons.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Automotive industry is being one of the very early adopters of autonomous AI driven manufacturing, and my guess is that the ideal is to be able to quickly pivot away from cars and to robotics, so as to lessen economic upheaval.

The accountants will still have to work, cause they're irreplaceable. But the rest of us get to retire.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The Joe Rogan Podcast with Altman is a good listen. The possibilities are crazy.

fl0at_ likes this.