Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

this stuff gets to me. And when you hear of sudden, your heart sinks further.

OneForVol and zehr27 like this.
  2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Unimaginable. Worst nightmare.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It wasn't suicide. I will put that to rest now. But I don't want to share anything else because it's not my place to.

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Thank you.

CardinalVol likes this.
  5. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

As a parent I couldn't imagine.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hadn't seen anyone speculate about that. Everyone is beside themselves in the community about it.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

when you hear about teen death being sudden, it’s usually that for MVA but MVA’s are in the news.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

They finally did it. They did the playoffs thing I've been asking for for years... It will be the five highest ranked conference champions, plus the next 7 highest ranked teams. This is the most fair. There will be drama about seedings, but no one truly worthy is going to get left out. An undefeated nonpower5 will get in. A 2nd or 3rd or even 4th SEC team will potentially get in.

Does it degrade the regular season? A little, but only in the conferences with ridiculous regular seasons. Does it degrade conference championships? It absolutely does not, as a P5 champ who is outranked by a nonP5 champ deserves to be seeded lower anyway and if there are 7 better teams, [uck fay] 'em. An 9-4 ACC champ ought to be sweating it out more than a 2 loss SEC team.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/news/2024/2/20/5-7-format-confirmed.aspx

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They gonna reseed after the 2nd round? Otherwise the 1 seed will be advantageous as the 4 seed will almost never be the fourth best team.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Conference champions matter. Otherwise it would just be two Big 10 teams in the top 4 every year.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thank god for YouTube algorithm:

They have a pretty good show on William Tecumseh Sherman as well.

12. NorrisAlan

I am for all of this. Conference Championships have to mean something.

13. CardinalVol

Bama is not bringing Eli Gold back.

Holy cow.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He may not want to do it anymore, tbh. Hell, he was doing cancer treatment around the same time I was and I’m 30 years younger and still not back to 100%

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

May be the case, but the article I read said he couldn't be reached for comment. That usually tells me it wasn't his call.

zehr27 and emainvol like this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fire Kesling and bring him in

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Didn’t see that.

He’s also calling Kats games this year? Although I imagine there aren’t quite as many responsibilities calling Arena Football as there are calling Alabama football

18. NorrisAlan

Gooooood, goooooooood. I hope Bama fans have to suffer through their own Bob.

emainvol likes this.
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He didn't want to have to narrate all the incoming losses on the radio. He knows it's time to leave.

emainvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Why can’t we just send them our Bob

emainvol and NorrisAlan like this.