Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This is now canon

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

So it is now confirmed it was not Gold's choice. Weird move, imo.

emainvol likes this.
  3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Hey bud, how is your health btw ?

emainvol likes this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Waiting on a specialized blood test that takes a week or so right now. Hoping it’s negative (it has been the last two times 3 and 6 months ago). All my other bloodwork and scans have been good. Overall I range between pretty good and almost normal 95% of the time with some weird post-surgical stuff that flares up occasionally.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Weird you don't let a guy like that go out on his own terms. Unless there is a lot more to the story.

IP likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

So according to twitter, how it works with the College Football '25 video game is that players can "opt in" to being named in the game. If they opt in, they get 600 dollars and a free copy. They opt in through an app that connect to the NIL group over the game (and so I surmise that your NIL group interfaces with them to make it all legal).

It strikes me that it is absolutely bonkers that players didn't get a nice cash handshake and a copy of the game before. At least a copy of the game. It is unreal how unfair things were before the SCOTUS ruling.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Not trying to derail but that test came back negative so we’re still truckin

JudgmentVol, VolDad, zehr27 and 7 others like this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't have said 1 or 2 acres. That part was just stupid. Gotta be more. Economics.

11. CardinalVol

I'm now considering farming beets for NIL deals.

12. NorrisAlan

Bears. Beets.

Battlestar Galactica.

13. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Identity theft is nothing to joke about

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

These are brutal

16. CardinalVol

SEC and B1G already put the rest of the world on notice. ACC and Big 12 are more or less screwed.

17. NorrisAlan

FSU was already on their way to the SEC, I think. This is just the final push to all the other big teams like Clemson, Miami, Ok St and maybe a few others that they need to get on the train before it leaves the station.

Frankly, as much as I hate this change, it is necessary. You cannot have giant money making machines like the SEC/B1G in a division with the MAC/WAC/AAC/etc. They simply cannot live by the same rules.

This is a bigger shift that is akin to the split of Div1 in the 70s into Div1 and Div1-a.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Expanding playoffs to 14 teams is really [uck fay]ing stupid. 12 makes sense from an autobid / at large balance. 16 is too many but at least makes sense from a clean bracket perspective. 14 is literally the dumbest of all numbers.

IP likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't think it could get dumber than 12, but here we are. 4? Not great. 8? Okay, that works. 12? Uh, I guess. 16? That works, seems bloated. 14? What?

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

11 would be pretty dumb