Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

IDK about fouling again. You have to expect a catch into an immediate shot with only a second on the clock. You foul that and you’re putting them on the line to tie.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We had a foul to give according to ESPN. Again, hit your free throws and none of it matters.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I’m aware about the foul to give. But with 1.1 you don’t have much time to do anything except catch the inbounds and shoot. And you obviously don’t want to foul in the act only up 2.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

You could approach it different ways, but again, hit your free throws and it doesnt matter. And at least guard the girl that caught the ball.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I pulled the play up after hearing people talk about it and that was the most bizarre thing I've ever watched. It's almost like they thought they were up by 4 and were just standing around so they didn't foul on a last second 3. The closest defender actually stepped away from her as she was getting ready to shoot.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

LMAO...Wtf is she doing here?

IMG_0598.jpeg

IP and A-Smith like this.
  7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Sheesh. Women. Amirite, fellas?

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just saw the last 1.1. Nobody on ball allowing easy pass and 1 player guarding nobody. Maybe worst coaching and instinct combination I’ve ever seen honestly

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t know how you let anybody who’s ever touched a basketball just have an uncontested catch and shoot like that.

utvol0427 and 10SEvols like this.
  11. Ssmiff

first thing is you put length on the ball and force them to throw it over your head or into backcourt for a half court heave. Go get the W.
    With as many coaches as teams have, somebody needed to step up and call a TO or something. Anything other than a free passing lane to an unguarded player. Unreal really

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pat is rolling in her grave

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

15. Ssmiff

I’ve srsly never seen a bigger coaching/playing abomination in hoops in over 4 decades of watching 1000s of games.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

After further review, we actually got screwed. After SC rebounded the missed FT at the end, the SC player double dribbled with the ref looking directly at it. We should’ve gotten the ball back.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Four third place finishes followed by a 5th place finish in the SEC is hardly a glowing resume. And only making the sweet sixteen twice in that time is hardly something to get excited about, not with the lack of depth the women's game has habitually had.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

She missed the shot so badly that I'm not convinced guarding her would've made a difference. Still stupid though.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't claim to be an x's and 0's basketball person, but-- how do you not go man to man and contest everything outside the arc? There isn't time to drive anyway so why is that one lady in the paint standing with her arms up? What? She needed to be on that person's hip and if she gets by, she gets by.

Jeezum. And if that wasn't the plan given, JEEZUM.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Pat only had one team that *didn’t* make the S16