Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I never want to compare anyone to Summit, as we are in our post-Wooden UCLA years. But damn, given the standard state of the women's game, and our tradition and facilities, there is no reason to be 10 years removed from our last SEC championship and seven since our last Elite 8 appearance.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The championship game has a near Malice in the Palace event.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

From talking to my dad, I've learned that the girl kinda guarding the in bounds pass is their "star" player. She was the closest person to the shooter and actually took a step away from her. Truly amazing how much bad basketball they managed to fit into 1.1 seconds.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

South Carolina and LSU had half their teams ejected. Apparently, South Carolina will play their first round NCAA game missing their best player.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Top 15 seems to be the standard at UT and they aren't meeting it.

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

lol my son just came in a little bit ago and asked if I’d seen the dumbest defensive call in the world. Guess he saw it on twitter or IG. Then he asked how coaches get to that level if they make calls like that.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

VFL Tasha Butts.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

To continue down this path would be a Title IX violation in spirit. This has to end.

PilotFlyingJ and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Contact extension, imo.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Harper said they didn’t want a lob underneath, which makes her even dumber for not putting length on the ball

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

But also, the worst outcome would be overtime assuming you don't foul and to the extent you're sitting there for them to draw contact makes it possible you lose doing exactly that. The worst outcome for dogmatically denying the inside lob is you lose the game. It makes no sense to give them the 3 like that. NONE. Especially with no pressure on the pass or the shot. You're essentially just hoping they miss, which isn't basketball. That's horse.

13. NorrisAlan

You just hate women, don't you? Admit it!

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This fanbase loves nothing more than to latch on to shitty coaches and tell other fans with completely reasonable criticisms that they being unfair and simply have unreasonable expectations or some sort of agenda

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Don't get me started on Wade Houston. When I was on the Hill in the early to mid 90's after his son graduated I was astounded they were giving him another year. I remember arguing tooth and nail with a guy at the old UC that he really deserved one more year. Fast forward to the 5-22 season that he bestowed upon us.

emainvol likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I hated women's basketball and wanted it to fail, I would say everything is totally fine.

17. NorrisAlan

Your Honor, I would like to submit one Buzz Peterson into evidence.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Buzz was bad.

He was no Wade.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It can’t be understated how bad you actually have to be to go 5-22 with a power 5

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod