23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think they sell them by the session. I’ll sell you mine for $10K

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sold by session, and there is only one session Saturday.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's what I was afraid of and I don't have any interest in going to watch UNC/MSU.

4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Saving my money for the final four. Been looking at plane tickets this morning. I’m a sick and twisted bastard.

A-Smith, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Just looking closer into our region, and the only teams in our half that bother to crash the offensive class at all are South Carolina and Saint Peter’s. Creighton actually has an elite rim protector but they just don’t send him looking for second chances (good at defensive rebounding though).

Six of our eight losses are to teams that are better rebounders than us (Kentucky and Kansas being the exceptions), so that’s nice from a matchup perspective.

Creighton’s profile in particular is wild. They don’t try for steals or offensive rebounds at all, but they also don’t give up turnovers or second chances on the other end, and they rely on forcing low-percentage shots.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll worry about Creighton if we get there. I am more worried about coming out flat one time this week.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. Tar Volon

Same. It’s encouraging that none of our potential first weekend opponents are dominant inside.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

the selection show said they play slow

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Everyone on our side of the region does

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

11. Tar Volon

Texas plays moderately slow and is a meh rebounding team.

Virginia and Colorado State are two of the slowest teams in the country and don’t even gesture in the direction of pretending to crash the offensive glass.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bracket in as well. Book your airbnb. That’s all I’m saying.

A-Smith likes this.
  13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

As popular as it’s become in some circles to shit on Barnes and his record in the tournament, he’s 8-0 all time in first weekend games as a 1 or 2 seed.

IP likes this.
  14. Tar Volon

Fair. The trouble has come in those 3/11 games.

Though, this is Tennessee…have we ever won a Round of 32 game in regulation as a 2 seed?

(I admit this is getting into “what’s your record on the second Tuesday of February” territory but we have had some nail-biters)

15. Ssmiff

Barnes won’t get as much flak this year if santi and jjj can hit some shots because we win if they can or at least don’t put up zeros. If they go 2-14 again we will lose. It’s time for us to make open shots and make a run. If Santi or JJJ can hit their first one, they will both shoot well. We, and many other teams, press when not making shots. They’ve been trying too hard to make them, it’s unnatural. It’s a mindset and hopefully last few days they get their heads right.

IP likes this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Saint Peters appears to suck. They deserved a 16

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Seen quite a few folks say the 16s this year are the worst in years, and the 15s are bad too

A-Smith likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

can't believe Indiana State is sitting at home.

19. Ssmiff

Steph Blurry may be the best nickname I’ve ever heard.

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm partial to Larry Blurred

utvol0427 and Ssmiff like this.