23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Virginia and Colorado State is some butt ugly basketball.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s impressively bad.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indiana State is at home while Virginia goes 50 minutes without scoring.

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not even that impressed with Colorado State. Virginia is really just that bad.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Game is so boring the CSU coach's wife is breaking out sticker books.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Went back and looked at Virginia’s season, and I was left wondering how they were included at all. Their signature win is a nailbiter against Florida in November. They lose by 30 seemingly every time they play a true top 15 team. Their “run to the ACC semifinals” I saw in preview headlines included (1) win by six points against Boston College. What were they doing here, except letting Colorado State win a game?

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If that version of Colorado state beats Texas I think we are in good position to make the sweet 16 pretty easily.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I wasn't overly impressed with them, either, which probably shows how utterly awful Virginia is.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Knowing our luck they just got a shitty game out of their system.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay, I’ve reached the point where I’ve convinced myself that our game against Mississippi State was just a combo of an off shooting night and us just not caring about the SEC Tournament.

We have everything you want in March. A solid PG who can make plays on both ends of the court. A dominant 3 level scorer who can completely take over a game. A big man who can score and protect the rim against most matchups. Multiple decent spot up 3 point shooters. Tons of experience, including experience in March. A top X defense and top XX offense.

In short, this is our year. We’re winning the whole damn thing.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  12. VOLinDAWGland

After the schedule gauntlet to end the season, hard to blame them for not getting up for MSU and SEC Tourney. Now is their time.

A-Smith likes this.
  13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Y’all I hate to break it to you, but the team that lost a 16v1 upset last year is a one seed with Tennessee as their two and a midwestern team with deep-shooting white guys as the three, and I’ve seen this movie before.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm more of a reader.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

A lot more experts picking us to make a Final 4 run than I expected. Not sure I feel great about that.

Tar Volon likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Biden's bracket has tennessee in the final four and Kentucky going out in the second round.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m torn between whether I want someone else to take down Purdue for us, or whether I’d rather have the opportunity to take them down ourselves.

If you could guarantee a fair whistle and that they wouldn’t shoot 30+ free throws, I’d feel pretty good about our chances.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care about scalps, we van play double digit seeds the whole way so long as we keep advancing for all I care.

SetVol13 and A-Smith like this.
  19. VOLinDAWGland

I want to beat them with a Santi or JJJ 3 pointer at the horn. I want it to hurt.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

All that matters is Final Four