The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The other one is Purdue

emainvol likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

emainvol likes this.
  3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So what’s Bryce Drew’s record against the SEC now?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're both idiots if they don't think he's good because he is 7'4 with functioning knees. That's his whole game, besides hitting free throws. They can think I am an idiot, but then they need to explain how Edey's game would translate to me, a 6'1 individual.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

So you’re into dong fighting, is what you’re saying

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm into the reality that being taller is an advantage in basketball. They these guys are pretending like a 7'4 guy isn't good because he has never had to overcome a height advantage is bordering on a lie. They [uck fay]ing know better. They look at lineups and size all the time. But this one guy, being 7'4 and always having a few inches over his opponents doesn't factor in at all? Bullshit.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

You ruined the post, rain man

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've ruined 2,482 posts. Definitely 2,482.

OneForVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The idea Edey would be the same player at 6-11 as he is at 7-4 is stupid as hell. Painter has to defend his guy, but it isn't as if Edey's game is predicated on something other than his size. He isn't breaking people down off the dribble, making no look passes, shooting threes, etc.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The reason his draft stock is shit isn't because he's 7'4"

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And would be dumb if he tried. Like putting Spud Webb in as a power forward.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jokic is a great example/comparison. Being a very large human helps maximize Jokic's abilities, but it's not "the reason" he's really good. He's a phenomenal passer, has amazing vision, shoots it well, and plays decent defense. Some of that stuff has nothing to do with how big he is.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Edey is somewhere between Jokic, who would eat him alive, and Gheorghe Muresan.

justingroves likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

Missouri State and Cuonzo getting the band back together

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Guys you’re missing the point it’s gonna be a “dong fight”

justingroves and OneForVol like this.
  18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

So apparently, Richard Pitino is a serious candidate at Louisville. He was unsuccessful at Minnesota, and his performance at New Mexico hasn’t been very impressive either. What makes people at U of L think he would do well there? I understand they were turned down by Dusty May, but hiring Pitino would be truly mind-boggling.

IP likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

Feel like I’ve seen this movie before with different characters

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

It blows my mind that ADs continue to fall into the same trap. You should never promote the long-time assistant after the head coach retires. You should never promote the interim coach who takes over a bad situation, lights a fire under the team, and suddenly they start to play better. You should never hire someone just because they played or previously coached there as an assistant. You should never hire someone because their dad was a great coach. While there may be instances of it working in the history of sports, it seems that a vast majority turn out to be duds.