The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And let's hope Vermont can finish the day for us.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Video turning over more calls means more reviews. More reviews means more delays in the game. More delays in the game means a worse product.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

His shilling for the blue bloods could make Dicky V blush.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Oh no! A game may take a bit longer so that the outcome is more accurate. What a dumb thing.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Zero fouls on Purdue in the first 12 minutes, of course.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wait, it's 1 now.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This reads like the post of someone who doesn’t watch sports very often. It’s not about the game taking a bit longer. There are plenty of examples of video reviews ruining the flow of games late.

Go look at the recent Lakers/Warriors game. With under 2 minutes left in a close game, video reviews caused like 15 minutes of real time to go by with only like 13 seconds of game time played. It was [uck fay]ing terrible and completely ruined what was an otherwise awesome game.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not being able to review that sham foul on Samford last night ruined the game.

CardinalVol, zehr27 and utvol0427 like this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You know what ruined a game? A bullshit foul that bailed out Kansas. I don’t think you need to review everything but give coaches a foul challenge or 2 or something

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Got no issue with a coach’s challenge. But had they already used theirs, we’d all be complaining about how they need 2 challenges. Or about how all sorts of stuff needs to be reviewable in the final 2 minutes, regardless of challenges available.

And sometimes those reviews are great. I’m just saying other times they can absolutely kill a game. The better solution is better refs who make better calls, live, during the game.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This reads like someone that is clueless. One example, totally sold.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Also let a both challenge like in football towards the end of a game.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Better refs won't happen because of this thing called human error. What can help is using technology. Pretty simple.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No it doesn’t. I said “there are plenty of examples” and then listed one for you. I know you’re not going to look up that example, so I’m just wasting my time if I list more.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay then, chief.

Edit: Actually, no. I can’t just leave it because I’m me. Oh well.

You trying to tell me there’s no difference between the crew reffing the NBA finals and the crew reffing local high school games? Human error, right? No way for refs to get better at reffing.

Dumb posts are dumb.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I see Wiscy is going to be me team I always pick that was hot in conference tournament and then I rode them a game or two too long.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How long have sports been around? The same problems exist with refs blowing calls. Thankfully we have used technology to get better. No wonder you are the biggest joke on this board.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do I just Google flow of game messed up by video review?

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No, you

like I already said. Last 2 minutes of in-game time should do it.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Better refs blow less calls. Less blown calls is what we are looking for, no?

Anyone who looks at video review as 100% positive with no negatives either lives under a rock or doesn’t actually watch sports. Even if you’re saying the positives of it always outweigh the negatives… it’s just not an opinion based on reality.