The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Everybody whining about “Bron and AD can’t both be all stars, can’t both be all nba when they’re in the play in!”

This game is showing you exactly why they can. They’re both playing completely lights out, but DLo is KILLING them, and Reaves is struggling.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t want to kill his confidence, but you GOTTA pull DLo at this point. 5/15 and 0/5… just killing them.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lakers are in trouble man. I thought they might feel it out in game 1 and really go after it in game 2, knowing they’d have the extra day of rest going home for game 3. Also figured the altitude might impact it. They’d be more used to it by game 2.

But they’ve appeared to really go hard this game, and it looks like it won’t be enough. So now they HAVE to take game 2, and they’re going to be worn down. No bueno.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jokic on the bench and we got DLo getting swatted at the rim and AD shooting threes.

[uck fay]ing clown show.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not sure AD can play much better than he has tonight. He’s been lights out on both ends.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t know which part is most frustrating:

DLo missing open 3’s, shooting 6/20 and 1/9.

Darvin Ham playing him 41 [uck fay]ing minutes and only giving Gabe Vincent 8 minutes. The dude is a 0 on defense and shot 1/9 from 3. You gotta give someone else at least 8-10 of those minutes.

Rob Pelinka wasting the final years of Bron’s career with this garbage ass roster.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Remember when Rob Pelinka didn’t want to trade 2 firsts for Kyrie? Lol

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

You mean the same team that got swept last year isn’t going to randomly win this time? But the sweep was so competitive!!

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm a Nugs fan, but I do think the Lakers can win this series. Denver's bench is weak and I don't think Murray is close to 100%. This is a weaker team than last season's. But LeBron and AD both have to play like they did last night.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Color me shocked.

Ssmiff and gcbvol like this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bron and AD showed they could outplay Jokic and Murray duo vs duo. But the rest of the starters no-showing was a huge missed opportunity. I expect Murray will find his rhythm and make it harder going forward. And AD tends to no-show at least 1-2 games per series. Feels like the Lakers need to steal game 2 if they want to have a shot, and I’m not sure they’ll have the legs for it.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nothing random required. Bron is healthy and has been better this season than he was last. The Nuggets lost key contributors.

DLo shoots his normal percentages last night and the Lakers win. It’s not complicated. And the Nuggets didn’t exactly do anything to force him to shoot poorly. He’s just gotta get past that mental wall.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

@NashVol11

Can you explain to me why Manchester Utd was playing Coventry in the FA Cup semis? The FA Cup is like the NBA IST, right?

17. NashVol11

Tripling down on a strawman that makes you look pretty stupid would be a bad idea to most people

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Feel free to explain to me what's so stupid about it. I stated that I think the IST championship game win should count, just like every other game in the IST. You brought up the FA Cup, a tournament that includes teams from multiple leagues, and asked whether it has an impact on the Premier League standings.

I think it's common sense that a tournament that includes teams from different leagues would not count towards the standings of one of those particular leagues. I'm just not sure what that has to do with the IST, which only includes NBA teams.

19. NashVol11

I said none of the tournaments the IST is modeled after count toward the league standings, which is true. You are screaming about them not being exactly the same and doing performative victory laps about it

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And that response would make a lot of sense if every game of the NBA IST, outside of the championship game, didn't count towards the NBA regular season standings. But they do.

I'm not screaming about anything. I'm just still laughing about how ridiculous it was to bring up the FA Cup as an example during the discussion.