The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, don't forget this one. I'm sure that sequence wouldn't be hard to find.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Feels like the end of LeBron James competitive career.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

OH SHIT, he just called out that exact play as I hit Post Reply. Something like “I don’t know what the hell is going on in the replay center.”

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

DLo calling out the officiating too. Darvin mentioned it a little more subtly during his press conference.

They got [uck fay]ed. No question. Can't wait to see the replays of the bump that sent Murray to the line late.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They gave the game away, as they did in game one. Small lapses against this team equal big runs.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nah man. That works for game 1. Game 2 was stolen, full stop. They did enough. DLo shot the lights out. AD was unconscious for 75% of the game. Bron had 12 in the 4th. Held the Nuggets under 45%/25%.

Hosed.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, can we circle back on how god damn lucky the Nuggets are?

They had the early game play where Jokic got the ball late in the shot clock. It was so late that he had to throw up this weird, off balanced, super rushed shot. The ball grazes and essentially hits the bottom of the rim and bounces almost straight down, right into the hands of a Nuggets player.

Then you get the late rebound that bricks directly into his hands at waist level. Like, if he had a basket in his hands, the ball would have gone directly into it.

And then you get his late play where he tries to draw a bull shit foul, they don’t call it, but the ball somehow ends up right in the hands of Gordon, who manages to get a pass off just before stepping out of bounds, and an almost guaranteed turnover turns into a 3.

It’s just borderline absurd how lucky they get.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Darvin Ham getting rightfully roasted on Twitter for not challenging:

https://x.com/trevor_lane/status/1782669439114080620?s=46&t=-g4-4SHxx6dZ80rS7hnjTA

They’re not giving you the other angle of the play. I think it could have very easily been let go, and probably should have, based on the way the game was played. But I also think there was enough contact that they wouldn’t have overturned it with a challenge. Still, why not challenge with 2 timeouts left?

I have no idea how this gets called in the last minute of the same game where DLo gets hit in the face, and a challenge overturns it. Or in the same game where LeBron didn't get calls on very similar drives.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It does seem like there were a lot of one-sided irregularities.

Indy likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m all for the Lakers getting screwed.

The Dooz likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Refs blew a 20 point lead?

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

In a game that is decided by a 2 point shot that goes in as the buzzer expires, they don’t need to blow a 20 point lead. One blown call can be the difference, and there are probably 5 or 6 relatively obvious ones to point back to. And, lucky for us, it’s all on video!

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is at least a respectable position on the matter.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree, the least respectable position would be that all of the calls were correct or did not affect the outcome.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Idk, but Jordan wouldn't have let his team blow a 20 point lead in the playoffs.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s possible. You just wouldn’t have seen him after complaining about the refs and cussing about calls. He’d be cussing about them blowing a 20 pt lead.