POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yep, like I said, I think Palestinians have the better legal argument, but they are both [uck fay]ed in how they operate.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The world makes it way too easy for the fighting to continue. And I don't mean since oct 7.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A lot of these kids are getting riled up by professors. Easy prey.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You may be right, but it is odd because all the professors I knew were pretty chill. I certainly wouldn't dream of getting people all worked up in such a performative way. We'd do service. I knew a guy who took students to the basketball and hockey games to help fans sort their recyclables for the bins, for example. This shit does nothing.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

In mid-late 70's only had 1 professor try to influence student's politics via the class room in all 4 college years.

A right-wing Econ prof. He asked all vets on GI Bill to raise hands. He then proceeded to berate the 4 of us in front of the class for taking gov't "transfer payments" in the form of our GI Bill. This federal economic policy and us were the reason the USA was doomed.

That probably had more impact on me than the hippies peace rant towards us in regard to my decision to be an unaffiliated voter and to try and look below the surface re: policies. I am not always right or successful, but I try.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's changed drastically. I have friends that have kids in college and they say their professor are always trying to push politics. Very liberal views most of the time.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I need to see it. I think there are a very small number. I attended and/or worked at 5 campuses.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Need to see what?

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

evidence of widespread political view pushing.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't you think it is weird that in order to support your view regarding professors pushing liberal views, you link something from a literal conservative think tank? A blatantly politically biased entity whose sole reason for existence is to push political views?

You know, I can think of a couple who made their slant very apparent, and one of them was very conservative.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You always want links, I gave you one.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I appreciate it. But you see what I mean, right?

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You have been to .001% of the total colleges in the US. Based on that I would say your data points to most college.professors are conservative leaning.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I do but it doesn't mean they can't gather accurate data. It's hard to find any sources anymore that aren't bent in one direction or the other. That is probably the most frustrating thing anymore to me.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. And I am not saying they are definitely wrong. But they obviously had a preconceived notion on what they were looking to show.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Just like every other media or research source anymore they found a way to prove the point they wanted to prove. It's why I have a hard time believing anything I read anymore. What I can prove in my own life experiences is about all I can go on.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's just cool, and the more people make a big deal out of it the longer it will stay cool. This all just nothing. They don't know anything.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. It will blow over.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Gloria Johnson just put the final nail in her coffin today for her bid at a senate seat. Protecting child rapist from the death penalty is not a popular thing.

justingroves likes this.