Percent chance we get Gruden?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 12, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If true, and it is a big if because I don't believe this next part of my argument, then Currie is the biggest idiot this side of Jones, and may even be more of an idiot.

You don't let people think they are getting a steak and lobster dinner and then give them a bologna sandwich and expect them to be happy.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. I admire the "all in" attitude of many in here. But if I'm being honest, I oscillate constantly between 49.9% and 50.1%. I want it to be. I believe there have been serious talks and meetings, but until he is standing at the podium, I am constantly reminded of the fact that Tennessee has given me no reason to have faith that this will happen. But I'm here until the end, following everything to see how it plays out.

10SEvols, A-Smith and IP like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

For me, I am believing but am not as emotionally absorbed in it as I was in 2012. If he says "no", then so be it, but I refuse to sit and ponder Mullen. It just is not fun.

10SEvols and spurgeon like this.
  4. I agree with this completely.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  5. I know. I tried to help out Boro a bit since he took so much heat after last time. But it evolved into me saying more than I wish I had. Although I have met some good people from it.

ColoradoJake likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't blame you. I'm pretty damn sure Gruden is the guy and has been for a week, but I'm still not going to fully believe until he's up there at the podium.

7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think you're in the perfect spot, balancing hope and reason, and are seeing things clearly.

Skepticism is good, healthy and necessary.

No, this doesn't change my position on Gruden at all, but just wanted to speak to where you're at on things.

**NOTE: Until Gruden is at the podium, only a fool would be certain it's him.**

awebb7 likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

In the end, none our attitudes will matter. The outcome is in the hands of the boosters/AD and Gruden, or maybe even just Gruden.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The story changes every day and from media source to media source. At this point, they seem to have a need to say something and that's pretty much what they're doing, saying any rumor or theory or idea that comes to them.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only story that hasn't changed is Jon [uck fay]ing Gruden. That should tell people "hey, something may be going on over there in Tampa..." but instead a large portion of the fanbase start telling everyone that will listen that it won't happen or he won a Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's players

12. NorrisAlan

24/7 news cycles have done this. They HAVE to validate being on the air/internet 24/7 so they just fill it with rabble-rabble.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The only coach Currie was asked about: Gruden

The only job Gruden was asked about on Mike & Mike: Tennessee

The only school Gruden has mentioned: Tennessee (Rocky Top)

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the majority of the fan base would love to have him. I think the majority of the fan base can't imagine it actually happening. And those two groups have some overlap.

tvolsfan likes this.
  15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Gruden.

hohenfelsvol and IP like this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Jon Gruden

17. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

This is, by no means, a reflection on anyone here...

I simply don't know who to trust and, therefore, trust no one. I take the information as it comes, evaluate it, and make my own decision...which is, at this point, that I have no f'ing idea what the hell is going to happen. However, the amount of information out there is enough for me to believe that this thing has legs but only Gruden, his family, and Currie are the only ones who truly know where he stands--and each of them is subject to change their minds at any time.

One thing I emphatically believe, however, is that there are players within this decision that have their own interests at the forefront of their minds and are using those interests to attempt to sway hearts and minds, i.e. Sexton, the Haslams, the boosters, et al.

Ultimately, people are jockeying for power with this decision and that, above all, makes me skeptical of any and all of the info that flows.

Until then...I await the podium.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It will be what it will be. I'm enjoying the 2nd Grusades. There won't be a 3rd.

HongKongPhooey likes this.
  19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Best approach right here.

I feel confident Currie has an ego the size of the Smokies and he's gonna deliver us a good coach even if Gruden says no.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The Return of the Grudeii?