You in, or nah???

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Will Pruitt return UT to championship contention?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2017.
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. 50/50

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

I understand your sentiment. We wanted him to be fully devoted now. He wants to finish out. Saban wants that too. He finishes out. Bama wins. Because it is bama, it kind of feels like getting beat by them again, though in a different way. I get that.

reVOLt likes this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm in until Pruitt proves he's not the guy. So far I like the fire. The thing that is pissing me off is that he's coaching Bama in the NC. If I'm Fulmer I don't let that happen. Even if I have to pay him $250k extra to stop it.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'll be happy if/when he's in the same situation at UT. I appreciate being committed to the guys you sold

4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'll be honest, if it was any other team than Bama, I'd probably [itch bay] about it a bit, but have the same reaction... "At least he's finishing out what he started"... It's the Bama shit that rubs me the wrong way.

5. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

I understand that dimension as well. The two things just happen to collide in this case leaving unavoidable disappointment on one side or the other. He has been given the liberty of choosing who to disappoint.

6. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

That's a good point.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Collective fatigue

spurgeon and chavisut like this.
  8. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

and a lot of uncertainty about leadership above the HC (AD, Chanc, Pres, BOT, etc.)

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That doesn't really bother me. If he were doing it to see some team through the Alamo bowl, I would think it's bullshit. The fact that he's sticking with his guys through something that is actually meaningful takes some steam off of it, Bama or not.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I feel better about the leadership now than I did before

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i don't think there's really a wrong way to look at it. I'd prefer him to get on over here and get rolling, too, but I definitely think there are some benefits for us, too, him staying over there and finishing it off.

12. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I think the Haslams are still in place (although weakened). The chancellor made some good decisions and probably saved us from calamity.

There seems to be an ongoing booster war which means any big decisions will have the same chaos as the last two, the AD and HC hires.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That war is likely at an armistice, wanted or not by Haslam. He's neutered but still has some input

Daddy Gee likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And every game we get free pub when they say "there is Jeremy Pruitt, the new head coach at Tennessee."

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I watched his interview with Kesling. He said something like: "I remember when Tennessee beat Alabama something like 10 years in a row, we've got to get back there."

He needs to keep saying stuff like that.

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That will be one game IMO.

17. My original post was the quality of a Butch Jones press conference quote, so it has been removed in favor of this retraction.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ok.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Eff that. That’s your rival. Damaging them is a positive for us. Screw everything they do.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It’s hollow atp