You in, or nah???

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Will Pruitt return UT to championship contention?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2017.
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. 50/50

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Battle? You want to compare him to Battle? I'm sure he's a fine, upstanding fellow, but let's pray the current bammer is better against his alma mater than Battle.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Chavis, I don't know why you keep deleting that post. Opinions HAVE changed from the past week.

My high hope of this search was Gruden, Petersen, Patterson. They are sure fire home runs. Patterson has a statue at TCU. Petersen doesn't move for pretty much anything. That leaves Gruden. I truly think Haslam effed it. I truly think Gruden said no the second time and I'm not sure any amount of money would have fixed it.

After the Schiano fiasco, all hell breaks loose between boosters, the mess hits the media and bridges are lit on fire with good sitting head coaches. Not necessarily burnt, but no sense in trying to cross that bridge. Why would a stable head coach with good job prospects (Brohm, who I wanted, or anyone else) leave to walk into this mess? And why throw 6-7m per at someone like Brohm? He still hasn't PROVEN he is the next Petersen or the like. He has risk.

So that leaves high quality coordinators with potential.

I'm not happy that it took a booster war to get Haslam on his way out (Haslam still barely has his scummy fingers in the search - see below) and cost a chance at Gruden or any other high quality coach.

But that's where we are. I'm not happy about it. I accept it, though. Given where we are, I think Pruitt has the potential to be a good hire based on his past. He could be a dirt bag, but there are a lot of those in college football.

Tar Volon, VOLinDAWGland and A-Smith like this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Still no, but there is at least strong evidence that I’ll be wrong.

4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I hope I'm wrong... For all my [itch bay]ing and moaning... I'll watch in September.

That will determine if I watch in October and November.

I won't be going to the Orange and White game like I was planning to if it had been Gruden.

Reptar37 likes this.
  5. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

His presser was decent enough, alright

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

FYP

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What I heard is he got married and his wife wanted him out of FSU asap.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm going to give him a chance. He's not going to kill my spirit like a Doeren, Steele or Morris.

tfannon, warhammer, A-Smith and 3 others like this.
  9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Agree. I liked the way he presented himself yesterday. I believe he will be a players coach and imho, that is needed at this point. If you're not willing to run through a brick wall for your coach, your not going to give it your all.

10. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I need some time to get over the fact that he is a Bamer - assuming I ever will get over it.

For me, that really sucks. It takes some fun out of it.

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Assuming it doesn't impact his work here, think of all the free UT publicity we'll get while BAMA is on the tee vee. That's all they'll talk about. Otherwise hardly a mention of us would be made. It's a great PR move.

Oldvol75 likes this.
  12. VOLinDAWGland

All of this

13. VOLinDAWGland

He's a guy I can actually root for unlike the last 2 jackasses.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Because I've decided to "try" and stay clear of further discussion. Many said they would be out. I said it and I genuinely want to be. It is difficult.

reVOLt likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Want to be out? What does that mean

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Your opinion is as good as mine, if not better.

I still feel he should be doing all Tennessee stuff if he's Tennessee's coach. I'm not changing my opinion on it.

warhammer, smokysbark and reVOLt like this.
  17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I wish I could just cut my fandom out. Seriously.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

And that's something. I don't hate him on the first day.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I agree with you.

I also understand if he wants to support the guys on his team now. There's some old-school coach loyalty there somewhere that makes it not as offensive to me as it is to you, and there are ways to play it so that it isn't so damaging to UT.

lylsmorr likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Holding on thru fulmer, Dooley and butch, then ending it with Pruitt doesn't make sense to me.