The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Definitely felt like Cleveland got healthy and hot. Getting George Hill back in the lineup seems to have helped immensely.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought they had no chance of winning it all, but now I think they could push for it.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Love, Smith, and Korver keep hitting the wide open outside shots that Bron dishes to them, then they’ll have a shot. I don’t see it happening though.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indeed, the west team would have to choke. But that's happened.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven’t watched the Warriors at all this season/post season. Has Iggy lost a step? Is Steph rusty from the injury? A combination of both might allow the Cavs to sneak one by them.

What moves can the Cavs make this offseason if LeBron chooses to stay? Are they able to bring in another super star?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know and don't know.

I think if LeBron wants to maximize a legacy, he should go to a west team where he could win.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No matter what he does, detractors will detract.

If he moves to the West:

“He left Cleveland because he wasn’t good enough to bring them more championships.”

If he stays in Cleveland:

“He’s a mental midget and too afraid to play in the West.”

If he goes to a different East team, see above.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're right

9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

They can't do a whole lot; their only real asset is the Brooklyn pick, which should be somewhere around 8th. No one is trading a ton for that, unless they get some lottery luck and end up in the top 5.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I expect LeBron to play for Houston or LA next year.

11. NashVol11

I’d say Houston or Philly

12. GahLee

They've got 100 million tied up in Love, Hill, Thompson and Smith next year. I'm not sure what they can do with the last three guys at their rates, not many teams would want to touch those contracts. Korver is on the books for nearly 8 million as well. All these guys have 2 years left on their deal.

They aren't winning a title with that roster. I'm not sure LeBron is ready to mail in the last handful of years he has left.

13. GahLee

Philly only has 40 million tied up with Embiid, Simmons, Fultz and McConnell. Add LeBron to that and you have a legit contender. Would love to see it.

14. NashVol11

A bad team would touch them if it got the pick in return, like Brooklyn with Mozgov (Russell instead of a pick but same idea). But I agree, even then I doubt they'd create enough space to add a star and keep LeBron.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Right, because Kevin Duckworth. It's already been established.

Oh, my mistake. Did I say Kevin Duckworth? I meant The Great Kevin Duckworth.

16. kidbourbon

He's officially lost the ability to write anything other thna abject nonsense. He's past grumpy old man mode. Yeah, we get tha tmusic today sucks. And, dude, we got off your lawn hours ago.

And he's still railing away.

Golden State would be injured because of Charles Oakley and Rodman and Barkley?

Okay, that's actually focking stupid as shit. Objectively silly. They'd all be injured, huh? In the ICU, I'm sure. because An Mason, duh. Ten four.

NashVol11 likes this.
  17. kidbourbon

Basically, they didn't have Kevin Duckworth. He would have completely flipped the series. Raptors would have swept because kevin Duckworth.

And tough physical play that would have the entire team injured. You know, Artest. Or X man.

Because that was totally a thing that really happened in real life.

[​IMG]

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Look, another drama queen. Get into the Zimas last night?

IP and NYY like this.
  19. NashVol11

He has a point though, how many superstars did those guys injure? You seem to be implying that Curry and Durant would get hurt because they look skinny. Right in line with some of your other “basic common sense” from earlier

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

no, he doesn't. That Blazers team beat Jordan, Isaiah, the Knicks, Lakers and Rockets, but can't beat GS because 2018 ball is the greatest. That's his point, and nothing right about it.