The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Undefeated, evidently.

2. Ssmiff

I said I liked the matchup baby girl.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm actually having a lot of fun in here, though. Audible laughter did emanate from my belly at one point. for that I thank him. Belly laughter is a beautiful thing.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Does the word "matchup" ever really adequately describe a competition that includes the Great Kevin Duckworth?

I submit it does not.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just don’t disrupt the students there trying to study.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Liking the matchup because they have a 300-pound center, which is about as big a weakness as one can have against the Warriors, is mockable in and of itself.

7. Ssmiff

Porter, Kersey, Clyde, Buck, Cliff..I like rhe defensive matchup and ability to switch on most picks.
    Maybe youve been bitcj slapped in the ring too much to think. I know 135 lb dudes pack a punch

8. Ssmiff

Can you read?

9. NashVol11

If you want to beat them with a big man, it needs to be a mobile one. Anthony Davis would be perfect, if he continues working on his post game and gets some teammates. Embiid has the post game, but turns it over too much and isn't as quick as AD.

EDIT: Or someone truly dominant like Shaq that can force the Warriors to adjust. But they're not adjusting for Kevin Duckworth.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  10. NashVol11

Your words:

Weakness, not a strength. And everyone who's watched teams try to match up with the Warriors at any point in the last 4 years knows that.

11. Ssmiff

Then you responded with the lineup of death and Duck comes off the bench.

12. NashVol11

Which is what would happen. And then we're left with you suggesting that the Blazers, who barely even played small ball, would win a small ball game against an all-time great team who specializes in it.

13. Ssmiff

Ok you got it. A team that ranked top 3 offense amd defense, won 63 games and beat the top teams and players of their era, has no chance to beat Golden State. Got it.
    Now you nostradumbasses can move to something else. Guarantee the outcome more hypotheticalss while calling others idiots, without seeing the irony. Hard to do but well done.

14. NashVol11

They have a chance, but that doesn't mean shit, because any team has a "chance" to beat any other team. The 72-10 Bulls lost to the 21-61 Toronto Raptors. If you run that game 100 times, Golden State wins by double digits in the vast vast majority.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And so would that Bulls team.

16. NashVol11

More than anything, it's the logic of "I have such basketball acumen. Come with me and I'll teach you how to watch the game." And then turning around and saying, "The Warriors would really struggle with a 300-pound center and they'd all get hurt." That sounds like some random guy in a sports bar who has never watched the Warriors before.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm more talking youth and high school ball, but I agree in the pros.

If I'm paying someone a 30 million dollars. I don't want him off the floor because someone popped him with an elbow.

18. Ssmiff

Maybe I shouldnt have said that, but when you are preached to by anonymous folk that have watched hoops for a decade+ less and didn't sit there and watch all of these teams for years, its a response you will hear from me. So I fire back when fired upon. So what.
    Porter, kersey, Clyde, Buck, Cliff were as athletic at about every position, and bigger, so I think they would give GS about the toughest look on defense that they would see, even comparing to their recent playiffs, due to that match up and how well the team played together. That's my opinion that has turned into a 3 day boones farm induced shitfest.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

When dealing with certain people it's best to just ignore them and avoid the pointless shitfest.

20. NashVol11

This was where the "shitfest" started

kidbourbon likes this.