Year 1 is in the books

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Nov 24, 2018.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Jesus, stop comparing where we're at to Alabama. We aren't Alabama. We aren't even Alabama circa 2006. We aren't hiring a Jim McElwain caliber OC and winning anything next year. Our offensive talent is a disaster and our program is full of losers. If we're hiring in four years, half of you will never see Tennessee win anything meaningful again, and the rest of us might still be lucky to see it.

lylsmorr and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Getting a new coach every few years may be good medicine for some but horrible for the program. Somebody has to get it done. Pruitt has to find a way. If I'm him:

Tell Helton it aint working and give osevet a shot and get him some experience to help. Verify with new OC that we will run more than 8 plays and not tip off half of them at the los.
    Tell JG he can stay but he doesnt fit what we need at the position and wont play, or he can go wherever he wants with no restrictions, also including 2 airline tickets anywhere in the world, an Xbox 360 and new set of diamond earrings.
    Tell richmond the same thing but pay him whatever he wants to leave.
    Order bigger shoulder pads. Maybe we can at least clip a blitzer due to not looking like a 250 lb OL.
    Play shrout/Maurer next year, depending on who can rpo, a facet every college team has except UT. Who has feel and can ball a little, can extend drives with legs and can get out of bad plays.
    Lift hard.

I'd be excited going into next year again. As usual like a dumbass. But if not much of that happens, i picture me being done 10 minutes into the season.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Next season is going to be awful. The recruiting class is decent. Hopefully it doesn’t fall apart. I don’t think there are a ton of day one contributors. With as far back as we are we really need a top 5 class and for most of them to be hits, not busts. Doesn’t look like we get there. Maybe we close the gap a bit with South Carolina, but Florida, Georgia, and anyone from the West are probably still pulverizing us.

4. Ssmiff

We at least dont face grier, lock and shurmer. 2 of those lit up our seniors for 4 years and not one ever sent the qb to the sidelines.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

GNC gave those guys more problems than UT ever did.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If Shurmur played us every game he would be in Canton.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Finally, names on a list.

Thanks, JG.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida loses more and isn't recruiting at Tennessee's level.

In the 2019 class there's quite a few day one contributors

Morris (ot)
    Henry (lb)
    Middleton (dline)
    William's (dline)
    Keyton (wr)
    Simmons (dline)
    McCollough (db)

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Florida is going to close big like they always do

**TDCVOL** and chavisut like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mullen's track record says no

tvolsfan, PilotFlyingJ and RockyHill like this.
  11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

His track record at Mississippi State.

He finished strong at UF last year and their average star rating is .02 behind us right now.

DC Vol likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

and mullen does it with basically a HS offense and a big qb that can run. No telling how many drives Franks extended this year running. Imagine if he couldn't. Whats UF record if Franks is incapable of running. It keeps momentum. Keeps the ball. Defense gets dejected/tired. Then safety has to come down and opens up the middle for 1 v 1 matchups for simple throws into wide open space to a 6'4 wr. His only genius is doing the basic. Would never work in pro, but it works in HS and college. We aren't capable and it pisses me off.

13. chavisut

Does UF lose a lot? As of now, they have one senior starting on defense and four on offense.

14. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

NegaVol

awebb7 likes this.
  15. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

The Anthony Harris kid is going to be good too if he can keep his grades up

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Their offensive line.

chavisut likes this.
  17. chavisut

Yes, they do lose a lot there. Although I think we’ll be okay on DL, I’m not sure we’ll be quite there to take advantage ATP.

18. clownbaby

clownbaby kidbourbon version 2 point no

Don’t wait up

19. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

I stopped drinking after UT games after the Vanderbilt loss in 2013. This school is like an abusive spouse.

reVOLt, Savage Orange and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Don't try to bring in some logic to a shitty situation.

I have some food for thought for anyone saying that UT is better than Vanderbilt.

Would you prefer blue chip talents that never get developed over four year or 3*/low level 4* players that actually get coaching?