Year 1 is in the books

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

We need lineman period. On both sides of the ball, until we get them, we will play bad. You can’t win in this league without them.

2. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

The shine has worn off, he’s got next season to do something or I’m out again until they draw me back with another coaching search. See y’all in 2021?

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We are looking good there this class.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sad part is we’re still in the same position as before the season.

We still don’t know what we have in Pruitt and a lot of questions.

The only thing that bothered me tonight was even Pruitt seemed to be in shock and had given up at the end.

OneForVol and chavisut like this.
  5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He won about as many unexpected games as I expected from a good coach. He laid one too many eggs for me to be confident going into next year. 2019 will tell us a lot. There are a lot of games where I’d expect spreads under a TD. This year we went 1-4 in those games (admittedly all as underdogs). Win four next year and we may be looking at an 8-4 or 9-3 season. Lose four of them again and we’re in trouble.

chavisut and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  6. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Wonder if he regrets taking the job

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You don’t have to defend your fan hood. It’s 2018. Anyone who’s stuck around this long is a die hard fan. The pretenders left years ago.

reVOLt likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I doubt it. I picture guys like that accepting the challenge, where as I truly believe Jones after year two was wetting his bed and begging his agent to find him another job, any job.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

On SEC nation this morning they talked about bamas nose tackle benching 500 pounds. I remember Pruitt talking about how few linemen we have benching atleast 400 pounds. Heck I benched over 400 when we didn’t even lift weights that much. Strength and conditioning has a lot to do with our problems too.

10. NorrisAlan

I can bench 400 after six lifts.

11. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

He did seem very apathetic tonight.

NEW COACH likes this.
  12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Had hopes the DL might be a bigger factor by the end of the year. They flashed some good here and there but for the most part with decent to good talent they were underwhelming.

The OL needs 8 to 10 more players.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Losing does give us another month in the weight room. Hell, that may be more important long term right now.

14. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

More time to concentrate on recruiting, too.

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I’d venture to guess that coaching this outfit has been extremely exhausting.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

I imagine he knew he had yelled and cussed as much as he could with this group of yahoos. He is human, and I know I would have killed half these guys and been in prison, so he is better than I am

reVOLt and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Once he sees the clip of Shamburger dancing he’ll prolly be in prison or the hospital.

18. Beechervol

Covers it pretty well.

This team has a disease that will take time and a lot of good to great recruiting to have a chance to fix.

The biggest question is how do you finish this class with that finish. As I said early, there comes a point where early PT is trumped by the black hole you are still in.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It seemed like Plenty of DL that played in the 90s and early 2000s were benching 500 plus, we got to get back to that for sure.

20. Beechervol

If they dont care theres nothing left to do but replace as soon as you can. That cant come quick enough