The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Ohhhh shit. I'm there

3. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

You've got to think Marner and moreso Kapanen are wide open for offer sheets.

4. Joseph Brant

The celebration for the 25th anniversary of the 94 Cup was awesome. I'm getting old.

5. Joseph Brant

I hate the idea of Kreider being traded, he works like hell and speaks Russian, which will be a big help considering the top dozen or so on the prospects list. That said, wouldn't kill be to see him in Nashville. One bloggers opinion does not a news story make, of course.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We need something for sure

7. Joseph Brant

Mainly for shots to get in the net.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Mark Stone would be a helluva get

Joseph Brant likes this.
  9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Volgrad98 and Joseph Brant like this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

11. Joseph Brant

I'm generally as much "Get off my lawn" as anyone, but I get a kick out of them. The bit with Patrick Burke and You Can Play is really cool.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Eleven in a row!

13. Joseph Brant

Binnington is having an Andrew Hammond stretch.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Wtf, Tampa is obviously set up nicely, but they're on pace to be the third best team all time.

Also [uck fay] St. Louis and their win streak against 65% bottom feeders.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Damnit, got Hank'd last night

16. Joseph Brant

He's been great, seeing as I don't think we've got a guy on the roster that would be a #3 defenseman on a decent team.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Duchene to the BJs. It's essentially Tolvanen + 1st + conditional 1st so, I'm okay with not going that route

Apparently the snag was Poile not wanting to give out a NMC though, and that's an issue.

No idea what he's gonna do, but you ain't getting a Stone to extend without NMC.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Brant your boys may end up with Tolvanen yet

19. Joseph Brant

Really hope Zuc would end up on the other Broadway and have a real chance to get his name on the pot.

Kevin Hayes is now the 2nd wheel behind Stone seeing as Jarmo is pushing all in, it seems. I personally would like a deal based around Roslovic more than Tolvanen, but the central arms race plays in our favor. I would think we get one or the other unless a fringe competitor comes heavy.

I really don't see how anyone besides Tampa, Nashville, Peg, Boston really would "go for it"; but who knows.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hayes would really help Preds matches with Peg, StL and Dallas. Fanbase doesn't seem to understand what he is and what he can be, they just look at his stat lines with a less than stellar supporting cast. He could be a 60 pt guy here at minimum, I think