113th United States Open Championship

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Jun 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I don't understand why the interest in this course. The setup, with the practice area, sign in area, the inability of fans to even be on certain holes... Grow the rough up on a muni course, shrink the fairways and it becomes difficult as well.
    I think if this was in Memphis, Nashville or Knoxville, we rednecks would be getting lambasted for having a golf course setup and bussing from the practice tee to the first tee would be a joke.

2. limpleg

64 degree wedge? That's nuts.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I like them playing at these historic venues from time to time. There are some inconveniences, but i think the course looks great. And it's showing its teeth a bit after all the talk about how short it is.

4. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Im gonna tweet Phil and tell him he can come to my sisters graduation next year if hes gonna shoot 67 again to open.

5. limpleg

Crazy that 7100 is considered short too. Are they teeing off on 11 each day and finishing with that 300 yard par 3? I hope not. That's a long iron and chip away from a birdie to win the US Open.

6. limpleg

What type of grass on the fairways? It looks spotty like local fescue courses.

7. hallowed_hill

Just today and tomorrow when they're going off both sides. For whatever reason #10 doesnt work for a starting hole.

8. hallowed_hill

Bent i think

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Because being that short players would bottleneck up waiting to try and drive it.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm cheering for Ryan Nelson to make the cut. A pretty good friend's brother is his coach in Charleston. +3 and tied for 45th currently. Hoping he pulls it off.

11. hallowed_hill

This course is getting tough.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm a fan of the character of this course.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Oof. KJ is +4 today

14. hallowed_hill

It's great. It doesnt take people out of play with length and yet is still brutally difficult.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Tiger's damn drama queen antics are damn near annoying.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What did he do?

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The elbow. The poor elbow.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Great shot by philbert

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Figjam.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Lefty in the lead.

however, would it be to much to ask for a meteor to comer crashing down and hit Berman?