15-16 Season Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

He probably is a master at either one.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've watched my cousin try to tackle him since junior pro football.

3. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Nothing to excuse when you're in the NC...

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Did your cousin tackle him?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As long as he didn't get the corner. If he did, he was gone.

They never played against each other in high school, but the junior pro Super Bowl almost always came down to their two teams.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Think you may have missed my point, he's not one to make excuses. Period. Lost five key players yet and w/out skippin' a beat (sans AZ) kept rollin' to the NC

Oh, and GO DUCKS!

7. OrangeBlood79

No, I understood and we agree. Though, I don't think it's fair to assess the two situations as equal. Helfrich took over an ideal situation and made the most of it while Lyle has had more heavy lifting.

...but I'm as tired of the excuses as anyone.

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

True, and agree, very different situations but I was speaking more to / of the individual not the set of circumstances

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

What are the odds that before the season starts Butch comes out with some sort of rigmarole about how the 2015 Vols are some sort of victims of their own success --of the expectations created by 2014's "overachievement." And that expectations need to be diminished.

I bet it happens. More than once.

I've kind of already got my self worked up knowing that it's coming. And Volnation will drink it up and then regurgitate it adnauseum.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And yet you don't hear a peep from the Berrys for instance.

11. OrangeBlood79

I don't think anyone conducts themselves any better than Spurrier after a loss. He tells it like it is, more often than take, doesn't make excuses nor accept them, he takes the blame when things don't go the right way, and doles out criticism on himself as much, if not more, than his players, though he's not afraid to do either...*cough* Jadeveon Clowney *cough*.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Here's how I'm seeing it right now -

09/05 - Bowling Green (at Nashville, TN)
    09/12 - Oklahoma
    9/19 - Western Carolina
    9/26 - at Florida
    10/03 - Arkansas
    10/10 - Georgia
    10/17 - Bye week
    10/24 - at Alabama
    10/31- at Kentucky
    11/07 - South Carolina
    11/14 - North Texas
    11/21 - at Missouri
    11/28 - Vanderbilt

Sure wins- Bowling Green, Western Carolina, Kentucky, North Texas, Vanderbilt

Should wins - Florida, South Carolina, Missouri

50/50 wins - Arkansas, Georgia, Oklahoma

Not likely - Alabama

Based on this, I think the ceiling next year is 10 wins but I do expect 8 wins at a minimum.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Pretty much my sentiments too.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I see us losing 2 of your 3 50/50s and at least 1 of your should wins, but good luck.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Anything is possible. Mizzou is losing more than they are gaining. Florida has some rebuilding and growing pains to endure. SCar, well they're slowly returning to their usual dwellings. As far as the 50/50's go, Arkansas is my biggest concern. UGA always squanders talent and OU is ripe for a beating.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

This was their case coming into 2014 also.

I do agree with the rest of your points. I think Arkansas will be a major gut check early in the season. It'll definitely let us as fans know what kind of team we have.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Bet the entire farm that it happens. It's even more likely to happen than the sun rising in the east tomorrow.

10 wins. Period.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Although the kool aid is bitter, I'll swallow some and call for 7 wins. Five should be guaranteed.

Seven is based on poaching two from the group of UF, SC, Missouri, Arky, and UGA. I won't say that these are all 50/50 games, but UF will not be a should-win game in my eyes until logic holds more sway in that series.

They might get to eight. They could take three from that group, but I doubt it. I won't rule out an upset of Okie either. I should, but I won't.

This is what I expect to happen. It will be progress, and an attempt will be made to spin it into a great achievement. Hopefully, that won't be possible.

Beat bammer, and I don't care about the rest.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I remember a time when beating Bama would have made the rest of the year irrelevant, pre-****ey in the early 60's. That was in the middle of a long Bama win streak over us.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Aw come on you cannot type Coach Doug D**key?