'16 LB Tim Hart

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Volsfan31, Jun 26, 2015.

1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Nah, this was in the process long before Shoop. Kid is acting like this just happened, but the writing has been on the wall since late Nov. Likewise, he has been evaluating his options all this time, including taking a official to Memphis this past weekend. I think Memphis is his best offer that is committable.

Here is what I think happened. He is a kid that had a decent star rating. He racks up a lot of tackles. He is a D1 athlete, but when you break him down (note: We played them this year so I got to see him up close as well as hear our coaches, a couple of former D1 coaches, break him down on tape and afterwards) there are lot of question marks. He is a player that you can sign, RS, and process later if he does not pan out provided you have room in the class. Otherwise, if you land a better option down the line, you can cut him loose.

He's listed at 6'1, but he might be more like 5'11. He was listed at 215, but I think that was generous when you see him out of pads, but weight you can add so whatever. The real knock was the speed. He makes a lot of tackles bc he appears to have good instincts and gets into proper alignment, but I saw nothing to suggest he had "SEC Speed". Our coaches did not believe me when I told them he was committed to TN. In fact, there was a WR/DB on they had committed to Memphis and we all thought he looked closer to a TN take than Hart.

My prediction is that he goes to Memphis, likely redshirts, and will have a solid career there where the speed may not be as much of an issue.

2. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

Doubtful we get any MUS kids in the future?

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

There are still UT alumni and fans there at the school. MUS will have another talent somewhere down the line, but after this senior class, I did not see anyone on their current Varsity to JV that looks the part to be next in line.

FTR, VQ mods have now said that Hart was offered a Blue Shirt, but declined. That would contradict him saying that they stopped talking to him altogether.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't Butch upset MUS years ago?

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Thinly veiled didn't want. Nice subtlety.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it was more Elder

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Would agree if he hadn't posted similar thoughts on the previous page 4 months ago.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Was s joke

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Figured. Mainly wanted to point out that GV2003 pretty much nailed it back then.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is funny

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I know some people don't like it, but I'm always happy when we cut these marginal players loose.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't understand why you take a commitment from a guy like that. Cutting him loose is fine, but you shouldn't be in that situation

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

My thing is, if you know he's marginal, don't take the commitment. I know there are situations where the player doesn't perform his sr year, grades, etc. But it seems like we've had a helluva lot of these situations.

14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

It makes me think this staff has no grasp of the recruiting board.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

It was both, but more Elder. Jones smoothed over and got back in the school not too long after, but I am still not sure if they let Elder back.... Most of the references I saw during Richmonds recruitment made it seem like Elder saw him at home.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't understand why you take a commitment from a guy like that. Cutting him loose is fine, but you shouldn't be in that situation

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like schools like LSU tell them no thanks, then if it looks late like they can't do better, they give a last second offer and still get him. I think we also could have held off here.

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

One of the few things that its been hard to criticize this staff for to date has been recruiting, but taking kids that you know will likely not end up wanting come signing day has been a thing each year.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's probably going to Memphis, so yeah

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's almost like they're surprised they're in it with elite guys