'17-'18 Nashville Predators

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 18, 2017.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He's run his course at stops before. The problem with Lavy is he has had several teams with a really bad habit of quitting or taking long stretches of the game off. This is one of those teams and it's hard for me to see this correcting course. This isn't even to mention the stubbornness in the power play

Hopefully I'm wrong.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Should have done that last night

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Winnipeg is better. Dominates the middle of the ice, imo. Tough 2nd round matchup to play 2nd best in West.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

They aren't this much better. Not by a long shot. Preds are being outcoached , out-leadered, out-worked. They aren't being out-talented.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That goes into “better” imo. Winnipeg look like the deserving winners

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh they are better this series for sure. If that's what he is talking about that's a fair assessment.

What I'm saying is there are several fixable reasons they are better. Starts with leadership and coaching

Somebody look at our powerplay since the beginning of the year and tell me it's well coached? Something need to be done in the offseason. If that means an assistant shakeup, so be it.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I also think that losing Housley was a massive loss for this defense, one that Muse hasn't even come close to filling

8. Ssmiff

They just look like the better team to me, due to their domination of the center of the ice on both ends, their counter, and their spacing when they get us off balance. I know Ellis and Josi are good but they look passive and indecisive with the puck this series, which has led to a ton of shots for the Jets. All ours seem to be from tough angles and they seem straight up on Rinne for most. All jmo

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Look at the 2 games we've won and game 1 and 3 though. We dominated massive stretches of all those games. We are down in this series because we flatly gave up twice.

10. Ssmiff

And I just started watching hockey a few years ago so many things I'm still learning.
    I know we dump it to change shifts, but with the jets they just take it, hit a pass to the middle and have 3 v 2 or 3 v 3. Seems like a turnover quite often. In football, its like driving to the 50, then saying, [uck fay]it, I'm tired, throw it to the other team and run off the field. When I see it 20 times in a row and we keep possession maybe 3 times, stop doing it. It isn't working

NashVol11 likes this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's why I'm [itch bay]ing about coaching. Stuff like should be coached. Our game planning for the entire postseason has been lacking aside from the brilliant Game 4

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Been thinking the same thing. Probably a combination of lazy shift changes and their team speed, but we're getting caught flat-footed on those way more often than usual.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

To this novice, first period the preds were in control, playing physical, and just couldn't get a bounce off the shot for the rebound. Winnipeg adjusted, started going back to wide open, press never had a chance.

As I told the wife, it's why I always picked 4 skinny fast guys in old Nintendo ice hockey.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Which is why the game 4 trap worked so well. We shouldn't have even considered moving away from it. It was seriously one of the best coaching decisions I've ever seen out of Lavi. Then the next game he went right back to trying to beat them at their game. We aren't equipped to play that brand of hockey against the Jets. [dadgum], it was like watching Bruce Pearl go back to rat-ball after coming within a shot of the Final Four.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Winnipeg adjusted well in the second. It took the Preds until they were down 6-2 to adjust again. There's blame to go around there. It was gutless

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Preds look like vaginas. The Jets do not

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

After game 4 I would have told you you are crazy. After last night? Nah.

Look like a Butch Jones team

justingroves likes this.
  18. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I should have known that my vow to refrain from watching this game would prove no more binding than all my solemn renunciations of alcohol.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  19. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Are they not going to cut in instead of Shark Tank?

20. Ssmiff

Nobody watch? Good adjustments. Hartnell and Fiala all over the place. More action for us in middle of ice. Holy goals by Filip. We are better without Hartman. Turris has to step it up and we need Fisher for faceoffs.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    dc4utvols likes this.