'17-'18 Nashville Predators

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not a fan of the massive cheering and chanting from fans at the end of a 5-1 game 7 shellacking in the second round. Is that normal?

It made sense in Colorado because they overachieved. Weren’t we favored to win the damn cup?

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Showing appreciation for one of the best seasons in franchise history. It's normal to cheer for what the team accomplished, even if it didn't end the way we wanted

Joseph Brant and lylsmorr like this.
  3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Shit.

Disappointing effort in an all or nothing opportunity. Once again, we got out worked and out hustled on home ice. I didn't see much "want to" on the ice tonight. The Preds didn't deserve to win. That stings, but it's as simple as that.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

People that paid that $ tonight can do whatever they want.

justingroves likes this.
  5. JayVols

Yep.

I can see where they would want to applaud the season. It was fun until this last series.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

[uck fay] that bullshit. Anybody want my season tickets?

7. JayVols

I'll still be rockin' my Preds gear despite the disappointment.

This season gave me tons of good father/daughter time rooting them on. That's more precious than a Stanley Cup.

8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Thanking them for the season, with the stick salute. It's hockey not football.

Been present for many salutes in Hartford for seasons that led to high draft picks. It's an honorable thing.

NashVol11 and Volgrad98 like this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, it was a good season. I'm still pissed hut it doesn't diminish the accomplishment

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Still bought a Vegas shirt because [uck fay] Winnipeg.

GO NEALER!

TangoUniform and JayVols like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Blame Canada

12. Ssmiff

I have a friend working on finals tickets in Vegas. Not sure I can handle a trip like that anymore.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Do I think we can get Tavares? Probably not, but if we could we would need to clear salary.

So if I know I can get Tavares, I am trying to trade Turris to Washington for Vrana and a pick.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Vrana probably doesn't work, Washington doesn't need a center.

Wonder if San Jose will come off Timo for Turris and a pick if they know they can't get Tavares

15. Ssmiff

In fine with Turris going elsewhere.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Even if we had gotten past Winnipeg, I think this would’ve been the end of the road. Vegas is just ridiculously good. Those fans are going to be spoiled the first time they have a team that sucks.

17. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Happy for Jonathan Marchessault, I remember when he was signed as a free agent from the Q by the Hartford Wolf Pack. Quite a player to have started with a contract with an AHL team.

18. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

185120D8-B32F-45FF-9737-04F1464A762E.jpeg Walked Yannick Weber down the “Gold Carpet” at Preds Fan Fest tonight.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Nice Yankee. So is that your dad on the left?

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

First game in person tonight. That was [uck fay]ing awesome

emainvol and Joseph Brant like this.