'17-'18 Nashville Predators

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 18, 2017.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It doesn't matter. I'm more concerned about shitbags like Tyler Myers clearly punching Fisher in the back of the head on his goal and not getting called.

Officials in this series were fine for the first 2 games and were utter shit last night. Play better and it really doesn't matter though

JayVols likes this.
  2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'll be fair, PK has done the same thing a few times, but seeing as how outraged everyone got at those you think they would be livid when Myers does it

JayVols likes this.
  3. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Losing the bucket sure didn't help the cause. I would lean towards a charge as I've said. Regardless the 4 on 4 shouldn't have been the meltdown it was, especially with Schiefele boxed up.

The sequence with the mask is a matter of officials not watching the full scene, that's where you've got a real gripe.

JayVols likes this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yes to all this.

And it was only a matter of time before the shit officiating infected the "best" series

JayVols likes this.
  5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He wasn't going in high. The other guy went low, imo. Plus, the contact was in the shoulder. The guy's helmet flying off as he was low gave the illusion of going high.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah. It's possible the skate was up, I just can't find a clear enough view at a resolution where I can tell. The ref reacting late was bothersome.

On a somewhat related note, Ryan Ellis should be captain... Don't @ me

7. JayVols

Got no problem with that.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Looks like Fiala is out tonight. If he's not hurt that's just dumb

9. Joseph Brant

Playoff Bingo Square if Laviolette mentions "Tougher to play against" as a reason.

I agree with your take

10. JayVols

It just feels like it's not in the cards this year. Damn shame.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can't remember many times where it felt like Nashville have been the aggressors

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

2-0 after 40...can they finish this time?

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Don't assume

14. Joseph Brant

Preds playing very soft on the forecheck and setting back at the centerline, hard for Winnipeg to play their game.

Sidebar, and has nothing to do with anything tonight but I hate everything about Scott Hartnell's game. He's up with Marchand on the list of guys I'd like to see head shotted out of the league.

15. JayVols

BIG win.

16. JayVols

He kept Byfuglien in check tonight.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Against Winnipeg, the uglier the hockey, the better. We are tired of 7-6 shootouts.

18. Joseph Brant

Wouldn't go that far. The overall scheme kept a damper on the Jets flow and lateral passing in the O Zone that's their bread and butter.

Comes down to how Maurice draws it up for game 5 and how they embrace it.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Jesus, Hartnell was a good choice tonight

When I'm wrong I'm wrong. That was a masterful gameplan.

Maurice has no idea what to say. They got outcoached tonight. Now it's 2 of 3 with 2 in Nashville. Hope there's more of that fantastic coaching coming

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Great coaching adjustments and lineup changes worked.