'17-'18 Nashville Predators

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 18, 2017.

1. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Looking good again tonight

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Took the division lead. They would be the 1 seed in the West if the playoffs started now.

3. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

The Turris trade has made this team better than I thought he would.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Just think, the last two games we have put up 10 goals and beat two extremely hot and very talented playoff type teams. We don't have Johansen, and we still don't have Ellis

I will tell you what is impressing me, is Sissons moving into the Hartnell role on the PP and doing a damned good job at it. He screened both PP goals last night beautifully.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Teams are outshooting us too much. Concern that will catch up with us at some point. Riding the wave now.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We have been missing a fantastic shot generator and shot suppressor in Ellis. Once we are 100% healthy I expect those number to flip a little. Looking at the advanced stats, we have had a little luck, but its not extreme by any stretch. I need to look at shot charts to see where we are forcing shots. I have a feeling while teams are getting lots of shots, they aren't necessarily from quality spots/angles.

Ssmiff likes this.
  7. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Strong 2nd period

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Outshot 41-19 and up 4-0. Crazy

9. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Gotta stop facing so many shots. Eventually that'll catch up. But helps when you're averaging over 4 goals a game since acquiring Turris

10. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I'm praying like heck that Saros can be an adequate replacement for Rinne but I just don't see it given his physical limitations.

Our style of play depends on elite goaltending. Our Cup window is probably only as many seasons as Pekka has left. Here's hoping he can be the hockey equivalent of Buffon. His injury history probably won't allow it though.

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

We have a pretty damn good roster and a strong system. We CAN trade for a top notch goalie if needed if/when Rinne isn't the answer.
    I still think Saros can be that goalie.

12. chef65

chef65 Contributor

We'll probably draft some as well. I'd feel better about the situation if we still had Mitch Korn.

NashVol11 likes this.
  13. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Preds are one of the best drafting teams. Polie has been extremely successful in that department really.

14. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Now a combined 49 points in 17 games for the line of Kyle Turris, Kevin Fiala and Craig Smith.

15. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Back to back shutouts

16. chef65

chef65 Contributor

We were outplayed but 2 points is all that matters.

17. chef65

chef65 Contributor

18. chef65

chef65 Contributor

That game winning goal was softer than my member after about seven drinks.

19. chef65

chef65 Contributor

A bad run of form, nothing too concerning or anomalous in the context of an 82 game season.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That man advantage time in OT last night was tough to watch.