2 pink lines: 2nd Edition

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by here to lurk, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

here to lurk is expecting another little monkey...and again just like last time i've found out almost as my wife was walking out the door. And as I can't really tell anyone yet I've decided to share with a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Sadly this time there is a bit of worry on our part due to the possible link of birth defects related to the Zika virus which has been spreading quie a bit around here. Numbers and reports keep changing, but there is a pretty big fear here of possible complications.

fingers crossed!

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good luck

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The zika thing would be terrifying at a time like this. Prayers and thoughts and keep the better half wrapped in mosquito netting, deet and bubble wrap.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hoping for the best. Congrats.

5. here to lurk

even more surprising in a country with so many mosquito related problems screened in windows aren't common here. I will be looking into that today though

6. NorrisAlan

especially mid summer. that really surprises me.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Congrats. Good luck with the Zika issues. I can only imagine what a weight that is.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's really exciting and hopefully every thing goes well.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Congrats lurk.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Congrats.

11. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

Congrats, htl. Best of luck and wishes.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

congrats! best of luck

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good stuff. Good luck with it.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Congrats, HTL!

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Congratulations; prayers to you, the wife, and the little one.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Grats man. Get some mosquito netting, make it like camping.

17. here to lurk

thanks for the well wishes. I'll keep folks posted as we progress. Right now wife is really scared, she is questioning if we should abort.....me, I want more info and dont want to make rash irreversible decisions.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

does she actually have the virus?

19. NorrisAlan

I think they also just discovered it is also an STD as well, so be careful. You might get it and give it to her. I would definitely talk to the doctor and find out what all they know and don't know, how far along is the pregnancy, and what that can mean.

I do wish you the best, keep a level head, and may all be well with all three of you.

20. here to lurk

not that we know of thankfully, but she is yet to be tested. Found out yesterday that she is pregnant. The lack of concrete evidence about whats going on with zika and whether or not it truly is connected with the birth defects gives me hope- and i am generally a positive person, but everything we see/hear down here is scary. But whether or not it's true remains to be seen.