2013 NFL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Jan 5, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

All I know is my team just fired a coach who regularly told us a qb wasn't at fault because the receivers ran the wrong route or slipped or whatever. The one qb he didn't make those excuses for has a Super Bowl MVP trophy, the others are out coaching hs football in the middle of nowhere or selling insurance. I don't believe in coincidences. I've now heard that basically every manning int in the playoffs wasn't his fault. Amazing we never heard this about Troy Aikman or joe montana

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I didn't make an excuse. He threw a pick. It was thrown at a terrible time. I'm just saying it's not as simple as saying "it was a bad throw."

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Bad decision, bad throw. Same difference no?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The only one that's been disputed was the one that was clearly Decker's fault.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

If it indeed was a bad decision, then yes. Is it possible that Wayne ran the wrong route? Yes, it is. I don't think we'll ever know, but it was clearly a communication issue.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

You're a [dadgum] fool.

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Roethlisberger? Questionable to quite questionable.

Brad Johnson? See below.

[video=youtube;X6WHBO_Qc-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q[/video]

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Joe Montana sat behind Steve DeBerg. He wasn't expected to be "the guy" from the time his name was called. I'm not taking up for Manning, but the guy's been expected to carry teams to wins since middle school. He can do that 50% of the time and still be considered a "choke artist" while a guy like Brady was put in and told "don't turn the ball over" before he was expected to win by himself. Now Brady has turned into one of the greatest of all time, but his first few years, he wasn't anything spectacular. He just played within the system, but a lot of QBs can't do that either.

That being said, Manning does choke. He's made some awful throws in big moments. He can't seem to turn a broken play into a big play but he's been as close to perfect as a QB can get 90% of the time. It's just that 10% is when everybody's watching.

I think Manning will go down as a top 5 QB and Brady as a top 3 QB.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm betting Big Ben gets one more ring before he's done. I doubt a 3 ringed QB gets held out of Canton.

10. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

In fairness, Rodgers sells insurance too.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's Tedford's recruiting pitch

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I suppose Eli has a pretty good chance of getting into the Hall of Fame, but I don't think he's any superstar. He beat Brady twice. Jake Delhomme came pretty damn close to doing it.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And now begins the most annoying two weeks in NFL football. The two weeks before the Super Bowl.

Why not just play it this weekend? Didn't they do that a once or twice about 15-20 years ago? It was great.

Two weeks is plain horrible.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This. I'm sick of the Super Bowl long before it happens.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Two weeks of Ray Lewis tears and hallelujahs. Can't wait.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sup Bart?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'll give you one or two of those, but when a qb makes a career of these types of throws I begin to stop believing in bad luck.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

roethlisberger is absolutely a future hof, assuming he doesn't get kicked out of the league.
    brad johnson was before the period i was talking about.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think people forget how easy it is to get into the NFL hall of fame.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Or any Hall for that matter.