2014 Midterm Election- Results/What's to come

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Nov 5, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What was blocked?

People were complaining last night that Reid would not allow things to come to the floor for vote to protect those up for reelection.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's not worth it. I've learned that.

3. JayVols

He did. Difference is I'll admit that. You willing to admit the Republicans gerrymandered the shit out of district for the same purpose?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

a couple of people from extremely liberal states. No prayer that a republican president could have gotten that passed with a republican congress. Acting like it was popular under republicans is just silly.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Its simple politics really.

In return those that didn't have a record to defend were lumped in with the honcho.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Meaning you don't have an answer.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You missed my question; "what was blocked"?

9. JayVols

Naturally.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Isn't that controlled at the State level?

How does gerrymandering affect Senate and Governor elections?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Timely angling for 2016. Take advantage when the opportunity presents. Makes sense.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

1) Not specific enough
    2) GTFO, Veto. That isn't bipartisan.
    3) No. This is a tax on an uncompetitive market that they can easily afford. The actual prices of the devices aren't even known to the public often, since companies directly deal with hospitals and force them to not disclose the cost. **** 'em. If anything, we should be passing laws to prevent them from continuing their uncompetitive practices that cause the cost of the devices to increase. Also, once again note how you said "bipartisan" and then go on to talk about how this is a way to get dems by the short hairs. Disingenuous.
    4)No. This isn't bipartisan. Unless you are saying you want to move to a single player national system. In that case, yes we can compromise.
    5) Could look into this.

According to my IP demoncrat simulator, four out of five of those are dead on arrival.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think he was talking about the Senate. Wonder how two years ago a President won in the electoral college and the popular vote, yet was not even that close to winning the House? Interesting representation.

14. JayVols

Sure thing, kidbourbon.

15. JayVols

[​IMG]

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

BPV meant to respond:
    But accidentally reported the post with that as the note.

Just fyi.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You don't think a 7 percent tax contributes to the high prices of devices?

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Oh Im sure he pulled out the veto stamp weeks ago and got it cleaned up and primed. He's no different than those he's been b!tching about for 6 years.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Your graph does not say what was blocked. You complain about Republican obstructions since 2010; what was blocked?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't think not having to disclose the cost of the device to the end consumer or to compete contributes more directly? I thought that was economics. I do know the companies have a profit margin to the tune of $7 billion. 7 % of that isn't so bad.

If we want to save time, you'll say "nuh uh," I'll "uh huh." Links will be shared (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/opinion/the-myth-of-the-medical-device-tax.html), yet somehow it will still be the big bad government who made this stuff so expensive, apparently through the use of a time warp back before the tax was in existence.