2015 Butch Jones Excuses Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by countvolcula, Sep 12, 2015.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Kiffin knew what winning looked like. Lyle does not.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I figured anyone in that competitive of an environment would be like that. Up 10? Then you want to be up 20. Up 20? Let's see if we can get up 25.

It boggles my mind the amount of people coaching and playing that don't have this mentality.

Be sporting and a good sportsman. But still break their will to ever play you again.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Sportsmanship happens when your up 50.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Colton Jumper is better suited for the Vol Navy than the Vols or Navy.

6. NorrisAlan

I was yelling at the kid last night, but I have come to realize I cannot be mad at him. His coach is putting him in these positions he has no business being in.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup. He busts his butt out there, he just shouldn't be out there. I try not to get too overdone with him personally.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm not mad at him either but he has no business on the field. I realize it's a lot to ask of a freshman (Kirkland) to play MLB, not to mention he can't be on the field every snap but what about Bynum? Hell, I'd take Jacob Johnson back on defense or Dillion Bates before this guy.

9. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Bahaaaaahaaaa.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yet, the coaching staff has said forever that Kirkland has a photographic memory, picks up scheme quicker than anyone, etc. but somehow he's not a better option than Jumper who is lost and physically outmatched.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Reeves-Maybin spent his entire freshman year on the bench, too. Some awful OLBs got snaps ahead of him and then magically the next year he is all-SEC caliber.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

There has to be someone on that team that is a better option.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That bodes well for Drew Richmond to be an All-American LT.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We've recruited plenty of linebackers. If none of them can beat out Jumper we have failed. If the situation is really that desperate at MLB, they need to move Maybin there and play our second best OLB in his place.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Or just play with 10 guys.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Kirkland had not made plays when he's on the field, I could at least begin to understand it, but he has.

It's a crock of shit that he's on the field

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I might be a better option. I can at least make a read & I kniw where I should be based off that read. Getting there might be a different story, but, by God, I'd know where I should have been.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Our coach is a ****ing retard.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Speaking of crap excuses, how many missed tackles were there on Saturday? I'm going to guess at least 20.

20. NorrisAlan

I think Mayfield lubed up legs and feet with some of NYY's Best (only $5 a bottle).