2015 FL #1 Dual Threat QB Torrance Gibson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by MaconVol, Jan 12, 2014.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A person who is a fan of Tennessee and Auburn isn't a Tennessee fan at all.

#realfan #VFL #****Auburn

2. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

You are part of the problem

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could be worse. At one time, cotton was a fan and alumnus of 1/4th of the SEC. Now it is down to a little over 20 %. A positive effect of expansion (assuming cotton doesn't take any night art classes at Mizzou).

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The plains need to burn

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

In response to Tenny (I didn't want to quote the whole thing):

1. I'm a Tennessee fan. I simply enjoyed this past football season because it was entertaining and I'm a fan of college football.
    2. Auburn cheats, I get it, but so does everybody else. It's worth noting that I've always found it comical that Auburn fans actually believe that Auburn doesn't cheat, and hasn't done so at all, or even at a level that surpasses other SEC schools. Once again, I'm perfectly capable of being objective when comparing the two schools.
    3. Tennessee is a more storied and successful program, you aren't going to see me argue this point.
    4. The previous three points do not represent me backtracking on my previous points. Auburn currently has a far superior coaching staff compared to Tennessee's, if you attempt to argue otherwise you are an idiot. Auburn currently is a vastly more talented team than Tennessee, if you want to dispute that you are an idiot. At a glance, the odds of Auburn being elite are better than Tennessee's odds in the next 3-6 years. With that being said, Tennessee has vastly superior facilities, there really is no comparison, and it can't be underestimated the affect this fact can potentially have on a recruit's decision. There are other areas where Tennessee wins out in the overall comparison between the schools. With all of this being said, Torrance Gibson and other recruits don't give a damn about 1998, they don't remember it. If you weigh all of the things that affect a recruit's decision, Tennessee's program as of right now is not more appealing than Auburn's, I welcome any argument to the contrary.

Please don't cite that Knoxville is a superior town to what amounts to a one traffic light cow pasture. By that method of comparison, Tennessee would never lose a recruit to Bama, Auburn, LSU, UGA, UF, USCe, Clemson or Ole Miss.

6. RockyHill

Rather than hurt me, why not show how me saying that is outrageous or untrue.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn is the dirtiest program in the country.

8. RockyHill

Historically? That's probably fair, although I think you could make the case for a few other schools. Currently? I doubt it, but they're probably up there.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't recall claiming either.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why do you doubt it?

11. RockyHill

I don't think there's really any evidence to support the claim. When I say that I mean with the current coaching staff, the previous staff was as rotten as they come. If you believe that to be true, I'll gladly listen as to why you think so.

12. RockyHill

Fair enough, I shouldn't have assumed that. You found fault with the statement though, you'll have to tell me why.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

boosters make a program dirty, not the coaches. i doubt they are recruiting as well as they are by doing it clean.

14. RockyHill

That's not exactly a strong argument. There hasn't been any suggestions of wrongdoing on Auburn's part, to my knowledge, that became public. Compare that to Alabama, who blatantly had that store owner buy players suits and pay them for autographs.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

cam newton? you don't take the auburn job if you want to run a clean program.

16. RockyHill

I said the current coaching staff. Yes, I know Malzahn was the OC. The deal with Cam, Jovon Robinson and whatever else went on had a lot more to do with Chizik, Trooper Taylor and Curtis Luper. Auburn cheated like hell under Dye, Bowden and Chizik. Tubs pretty much gave the boosters the finger, and it would be hard to claim he was cheating (in terms of recruiting) considering he never recruited that well. I don't believe Auburn is currently as dirty as y'all seem to believe, there's not much evidence to suggest it, but believe what you will. As far as Lowder and Dye go, they aren't pulling strings anymore. Auburn has distanced themselves from Lowder and they're trying hard to make sure Dye's senile ass just hangs around his farm and drinks bourbon.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you don't think the OC knew that cam was getting a payoff?

18. RockyHill

Obviously he knew. It's also obvious that he saw the end coming for that staff and got the hell out of dodge. I'm not saying Auburn isn't recruiting dirty right now, for all I know they give every recruit 500k cold hard cash, but there isn't any compelling evidence that it's happening.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't see any reason why he's going to change what worked the first time around.

20. RockyHill

Sorry for derailing the thread and being an alleged turncoat. We can argue the cheating stuff until we're all blue in the face. I don't care one way or another. My main point remains that, from a recruiting perspective, that Tennessee is not currently a more appealing destination than Auburn, and if somehow it is it's not by a large enough margin that Auburn would need to cheat to compete for recruits. If you believe that UT is inherently a better destination, all measures that recruits use to decide be damned, then you've had your head in the sand since 1998.