2015 FL #1 Dual Threat QB Torrance Gibson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by MaconVol, Jan 12, 2014.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There will be superficial changes so the whole of the college football isn't wondering whether or not their star quarterback is going to be able to play in the middle of the season while the NCAA makes a lightning fast decision on a player's eligibility. Malzahn won't be able to say he didn't know what he was getting into if it all goes down on his watch

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Whose to say he was on board with it the first time around? It's clear he didn't get along with the rest of the coaching staff. At the time he was not necessarily a household name with an incredibly bright future and amazing jobs available to him.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have blasphemed against the Power T, and deserve to suffer. I find fault with your lack of unconditional and exclusive love for the Vols.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one has accused you of turning coat. You can't betray something you never were with.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn, the university, cheats, from athletics to academics

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he was one of newton's lead recruiters. and he certainly hasn't distanced himself from newton either.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

How someone can pretend Malzahn wasn't involved with any of the cheating, and is not doing anything now, is beyond me. Frogs giving rides to scorpions.

8. RockyHill

I don't believe I've blasphemed agains the Power T, I just said made a point that is unquestionably true. That doesn't mean I don't have an unconditional love for the Vols. I'm simply willing and able to point out the faults of Tennessee's program. I hate that my vivid memories of Tennessee football (2001-present) don't include many terrific accomplishments. I hate that we've had a collection of retards in the administration that contributed to the collapse of the program. I hate that Fulmer sat on his ass while it all fell apart. I will always have an undying loyalty to Tennessee. However, I think it's fair to say that the 90's and 1998 in particular bought a ton of goodwill within the fan base, but not so much with people closer to my age, we weren't old enough to thoroughly remember or enjoy it. I hope Butch can right the ship, but I'm not ashamed to admit I don't have faith in anybody currently working on the Hill.

9. RockyHill

There's a big difference between someone knowing something is going on and being directly involved with it. Do you honestly think Malzahn set in Cam's living room, talked X's and O's and then proceeded to discussing how much cash it would take? We all know that stuff happens on the periphery. Coaches don't know the details and they don't want to.

10. RockyHill

Now that's plain hurtful.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Jackie Sherrill was the guest of honor at my friends monthly lunch group a couple years ago in Memphis. He laughed about the current state of recruiting. Said Auburn's recruitment of Newton set the standard of operation. He also relayed stories from his friends that are still in the game that parents began demanding 15k from schools before they were even allowed to recruit their son.

12. RockyHill

That's not shocking. Everyone cheats, some more and some less, but everyone is doing it. I never claimed Auburn wasn't cheating, just that it's idiotic to think that without doing so they'd never be able to compete.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Go play with toilet paper.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The trees are dead

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

They weren't anything special in terms of species or age. They're all going to hell for disobeying the Bible and decorating trees. I put that in the "evidence for god" pile.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

when has auburn really competed without it?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

excellent question. in particular with alabama killing it. usually with the auburn's and ucla's of the world they're recruiting is good when their main competition sucks.

18. RockyHill

Give me a break. Everyone breaks the rules to get recruits. Hell, I could make the argument that there's no possible way Butch Jones could get the recruits he's gotten without cheating his ass off. I could make that argument because when Butch got here we'd had a string of awful seasons and Butch Jones was a nobody. People said that about Hugh Freeze's recruiting haul at Ole Miss, and I'm sure a lot of people on this board would have agreed with that sentiment with regards to Ole Miss. I'm sure some of you would then say, but Tennessee is on another level than Ole Miss. Yes, that is true, but by that logic schools with storied programs would never have trouble recruiting, which isn't remotely true.

You can hate Auburn and hope God wipes it off the face of the Earth, but don't be dumb. A lot more goes into winning than the recruits you get. It's asinine to say all of Auburn's success was made possible through cheating.

19. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

[​IMG]

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If anyone ever deserved a banning from the message board, it's rockyhillvol for being a closet barn fan