2015 Football Commits (on-going) Tracker

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by zero-sum, May 27, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did more spots open up with the departure of folks? The way I understand it, if one early enrolls and joins the the team, they can then be given an available football scholarship afterwards that doesn't count towards a class.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We also may see a guy or two look around. This coming season has the potential to be a bit of a downer.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I really like Ryan Newsome, receiver out of TX but I don't see them taking him when they land Van Jefferson.[video=youtube_share;NJLH5Ln5310]http://youtu.be/NJLH5Ln5310[/video]

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Thanks. Thought that might be the case too.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I assumed we were almost done and would fall, given our number of commits and how many we had last year.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We will add 4-6 more guys. We're a Tuttle or Phillips commit away from the best two year run we've had on the DL in recent memory.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The number of commits will be close to the same but the who's committed will change, and the long snapper isn't getting a full ride right out of the gate. He'll probably earn a scholarship, but he's an invited walk-on.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

And a run better than 95 % of teams' best runs ever.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gotcha, which is the sort of case where if he gets an unused scholarship next year, it won't count against classes this year or next.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He can't go on scholarship until a full year after he graduates from high school

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Hubbs said today we can't sign more than 25 without blueshirting someone. So sounds like we at least are gonna sign 25.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He had zero clue last year at this time and I seriously doubt he's even begun to understand what the '15 class will look like.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Thanks

14. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

It seems like most of our remaining targets we are fighting Ohio State for. Van Jefferson, Drew Richmond, Micah Abernathy, and possibly Torrance Gibson if Butch is even still recruiting him.

Will be interesting to see the results.

15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Butch needs to take his Yankee ass to Michigan and steal some of their recruits. They're a dumpster fire.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Do they have any recruits worth stealing?

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

4* DT Roseboro from NC that we offered and has a very strong offer list

4* DB Taylor from VA that we offered and has very strong offer list

#2 ranked TE who is big...has TN offer as well as just about everyone else

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We passed on an instate TE who grew up a vol fan and begged for an offer. I doubt we go after that guy. We don't need another DT I'm this class. DB would be the only one I guess.

19. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

We also passed on Roseboro awhile back when he wanted to commit.