2015 Football Power Index is out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jul 21, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Tuttle and McKenzie play well from day one, which is reasonable, the d line has a chance to be special

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's time to s**t or get off the pot for Butch.

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

And DT is one of the easiest positions for a physically gifted player to make an impact at as a FR.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think it's the limited sample size with Dobbs and how we closed out the season.

We didn't really lose anything of value and we're adding in a lot where it counts. Plus, Dobbs will have the chance to play a full season with North/Croom/etc. It seemed when Dobbs started getting a connection with a WR... that WR got injured soon thereafter.

11 of 12 is a stretch but I think 10 of 12 can have an argument made for it. We certainly should be able to out-talent 10 of 12. At this point, Florida is devoid of Florida levels of talent. Georgia and Alabama are the only ones on our schedule that have had the recruiting we've had in the last 2-3 years.

I think it's our lot in life to expect lower than what should be expected. We mostly all lived under Fulmer who continually under-achieved. Kiffin over-achieved with his roster. Dooley ceremoniously underachieved.

At this point, Butch has been par. He's had good games and poor games... but was it Butch or was it a combo of Bagina and Worley? As fans, we can't expect anything and pundits merely see the recruiting, Dobbs and flashy brand of a reinvigorated traditional powerhouse.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oklahoma should have equal to or more talent than Tennessee too

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Equal, yes. More, no.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Not if you believe recruiting rankings.

And I tend to believe recruiting rankings.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't compare the last 4 years of recruiting. Oklahoma consistently recruits well and Butch has two great classes that were preceded by dog shit.

govols182 just broke it down and Tennessee looks to be better on paper

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I don't know about Kiffin, that UCLA loss was butt ugly and that Ole Miss blow out. I'd say he acheived. Great win against UGAy and copetitive against Bama.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was starting two 255 offensive linemen and was on the 4th string MLB by season's end, though.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Well if he'd have just run it to the right once we beat UCLA.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The UCLA loss had a lot to do with an awful Crompton. That Kiffin ever did anything with him is amazing.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Look at Hardesty once he, you know, got carries.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Loved the guy. What a workhorse

Hardesty ... and the what could / may have been

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah the Crompton transformation was nothing short of a miracle under Kiffin, I'm just pointing out that if we had run it to the right once at the end of the game instead of the left 4 straight times we win. That team massively overachieved which is a credit to him.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If Crompton keeps and goes around the end on 3rd/4th down we win too. I think there were 10 guys in the box and a guy single coverage on AR. It was wiiiiiiiiiiiiide open.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yes