2015 Hoops Recruiting

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by dknash, Apr 8, 2015.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Kasongo announced today that he is announcing today. Frederickson retweeted someone (MSU writer) saying it likely wasn't the Bulldogs. Stay tuned...

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That would be nice

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Kasongo just committed to UT. Nice day.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Amazing what hiring a coach with an actual resume does for you.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not a hard science, but it is definitely some sort of statistics-based social science. The results come.

6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Nice strong athletic rim protector. 2 to go.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can we get 2 more? I thought we only had 3 spots?

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Butch Jones

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think there are rumors that 1 or 2 could be let go by Barnes

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Turner and Kasongo, nice!

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Hat-trick too much to ask?

12. hatvol96

My guess is that Gibbs tries to be the missing piece for a national title contender.

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Makes sense. It was a big stretch anyways but hey, one can hope, right?

14. hatvol96

There is a connection there. Just figure Gibbs will want to take a run at winning it all.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Now if we could just get gesundheit to commit

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Can someone give me a quick primer on these two guys, and particularly, what impact they'll likely have next season?

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He better change his name to "GodBlessYou" or he'll never make it here.

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

My $.02

Turner's fluid w/ good vision, good mid-range jumper (decent trey), penetrates well for the dish or finish, gets players involved

Kasongo's aggressive, athletic, attacks the rim, runs the floor, (can) own the paint, needs work to realize his full potential

Both will have immediate impact imo. For more detail I'll defer to dknash, JZ1124, hat or others who follow more closely

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'm not an expert; I just copy and paste here. That seems like a good summary.

Turner is our only scholarship PG, so he should have an impact either way. Barring any additions, he seems like the starting PG by default, with walk-on Braxton Bonds as backup if he stays. Over on TB's site, Hat says he thinks he'll be our best PG since CJ Watson.

With Kasongo, it's worth noting that he didn't play too much at his JUCO. Supposedly he got in there late, they are a successful program that kind of had the roster set up, etc. Still, there could be a little more of an adjustment period from a competition standpoint than it would seem at first glance. And it's just a little odd that someone who was going to Oregon out of HS didn't get a little more burn at JUCO. Still, considering his limited minutes and role, he seemed to put up decent numbers, especially in blocked shots.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Apparently it was his post-season play.

His profile (link) show his minutes increased significantly the last five gms, and although he avg'd (season) only 6 pts/gm I think his touches were lmt'd (Edmond) but when he did shoot he hit 60% from the field, FT % and TO's needs work, 75 blocks love that!

So Idaho Athletics