2016 - Hypotheticals

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jun 27, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Born out of another thread, assuming in their coaching prime, how many games do the following coaches win at Tennessee in 2016 with the roster we had -

Fulmer
    Kiffin
    Richt
    Shula
    Miles
    Tuberville
    Spurrier
    Saban

2. CardinalVol

For the record, the only three I have questions about winning less than 11 are Shula, Tubs and Kiffin. And they win 10.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Fulmer - 10-2
    Kiffin - 10-2
    Richt - 11-1
    Shula - 9-3
    Miles - 11-1
    Tuberville - 10-2
    Spurrier - 12-0
    Saban - 12-0

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And, hell, Miles might have Hatted his way into a win against Bama.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Any of those guys would have run the score up against Appalachian State. Is that the kind of coach we want? A poor sportsman? I also highly doubt any of those coaches interrupt the postgame huddle to tell those players how great they are.

6. CardinalVol

Are you dare saying that Richt might have put 45 points on Appy St if given the opportunity?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

game was at home right? I bet it would have gone to the wire.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can't remember the last time I saw a coach lay down and surrender as badly as Butch did against Bama. Should have had our players carry a white flag out for the coin toss.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think we're 11-1 with Tubs.

I don't see us having that many turnovers against A&M.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer against UGA 2005

Dooley against any team with a winning record

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dooley's final year I doubt he even had damn staff meetings. Bastard quit on the job.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Those guys all run the risk of performing up to our team's talent level, thereby getting us a postseason game against a team with similar talent, which greatly increases the odds of a loss. Is that how you want to spend your holiday season? Wouldn't you rather be celebrating win #8?

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

In the hypothetical are we assuming all injuries that did occur would still occur, or are we assuming that these other coaches would have had a S&C program and avoided some of the injuries?

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Either way I wouldn't change the answers. Bama was the only game in which we were outgunned.

15. CardinalVol

I'm making the asumption on 1/1/16 the coach starts with a clean slate and does what he has to do to have us ready for the 2016 season.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I doubt many of them take the route of firing the old strength coach and replacing him with his subordinate without even giving him a raise for the new responsibilities.

17. CardinalVol

Arkansas 11 was the low water point for me. That team and staff knew they were beat before the coin got tossed.

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Ok, so long as they have an OC running something modern and not a dinosaur offense then I think none do worse than 10 and with most it's a top 5 team.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

2003? Even though we lost, I don't remember 2005 being a big loss. Seems like it was a one score game into the 4th quarter.

20. CardinalVol

03 was a fight until the 99 yard fumble return for TD right before the half.

05 Fulmer punted down two scored with 3 minutes to go in the game.