2018-2019 College Basketball thread/NCAA Tournament Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 6, 2018.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Gtfo with the hook. Culver didn’t hook him.

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

It was an obvious foul. The idea that it’s “better for fans” to not call obvious fouls is horseshit, IMO

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

was his arm draped over the guy with the balls arm? yes.

I believe for over the back, you have to come over top of them (over their back)- that didn't happen. there are many officiating things in that game to complain about, I would not choose that foul.

if it was indeed over the back, then Tennessee should be national champs and Schofield should have shot 10 more free throws per game. also, Alexander would have fouled out of every first half.

4. RockyHill

Was not a hook by Culver. Rewatch. I’m fine with it being a no call but if that was a foul it damn sure was by the UVA player.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Refs often wont call over the back if there is no play made on the ball. If the player boxing out last night goes after it or elevates at all, it's a foul.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

There is no rule called over-the-back.

IP likes this.
  7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I have a close buddy that "played" at Zona whole Olson was the coach. Still tight with a lot of guys and he has worked in College Basketball himself.

He told me today that if/when Lakers get rid of Luke Walton after this week, look for Zona to try and secure him so that they can officially part ways with Sean Miller. Still snags that could be had, but apparently Zona has been slow playing this so that they could try and salvage the current #1 recruiting class they have.

I guess the major snag would be if Walton has another NBA opportunity right away.

8. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

The only reason the class is #1 is because their paying :p

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no details but apparently the LSU coach is talking and the players are ejecting from the program?

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

LSU basketball is going to be gutted. Five players have declared and their other big forward was a grad transfer, plus their coaching situation is up in the air. I wish we could play them twice next year.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

can't pay players unless you are Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Memphis, UCLA...

RockyHill likes this.
  12. RockyHill

I wish Will Wade was a really likeable guy, if that was the case this could turn into a more interesting drama.

IP likes this.
  13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Or not caught on an FBI wiretap.

14. Ssmiff

Invol looked up to him in middle school at FRA

15. RockyHill

Do you think it's far fetched that FBI could have evidence of wrongdoing at the schools IP mentioned and nothing ever come of it? I don't.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

lol, I bet you almost had an stroke typing up a post that in no way related back to yourself.

17. Ssmiff

Have to fire a shot at you when I get the chance.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

you hate to see it

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain