2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Never have felt Walker would develop much. Doesnt have much feel for the game or touch going into jr year.
    Best play of his career may have been the double T with Ky's PJ and changing momentum when we beat them again.

Indy likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He came on towards the end of his freshman year but he never looked like doing much of anything this season

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I guess my true question is whether he is leaving of his own volition, or if he is being pushed out to free up space with recruiting.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua might be taking his spot. Cone would be taking Bone's spot.

Only reason you would need to actively free up a spot is if Grant was coming back.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Per Grant Ramey

"Uros Plavsic would make a ton of sense. Went to Hamilton Heights before signing with Arizona State. Was a redshirt there this season. Went there because they had a Serbian on staff, same guy that was a former GA under Barnes at Tennessee. Uros is 7-foot. Not far from 7-1. And 240 pounds. Steps into the void left by Kyle Alexander. Assuming he’d be ready to contribute and could be eligible immediately. "

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What’s up with Cone to TN, and playing next year?

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Nothing more than just a possibility at this point. Took a visit to Va Tech recently and sounds like NC State is also squarely in the mix.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sounds like he is for sure reclassifying to 2019 class and is about to commit to VT.

He had a visit to UT planned for Mother’s Day weekend, but I believe he canceled it and plans to commit before then.

Not looking good.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hell-fire. I think he's the real deal.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

247 released their final rankings for the 2019 class.

Josiah James fell to #28 and is no longer a 5*.

Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua moved up to 153 (If I'm reading correctly, he moved up 196 spots), which puts him ahead of both Pember and Gaines. He just visited this past weekend, I believe, and many think he will commit to us soon.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Cone

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

he committed today

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think the kid will be a solid player.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This may end up being a sneaky good class. Pember needs a year of doing nothing but lifting weights and eating 5,000 calories a day, but the kid can play.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

thought Kent would be leaving but evidently he's picked it up a little. Looks like we may be trying to build a team with all 5 players, or at least 4 on the floor, who can hit the 3. I'd be good with that. 6'7-6'10 who can pick and pop open the game up. Burns and Fulk look to be the only non threats from 3.
    And Pons, until he stops shooting off his wrist

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Josiah might be questionable from 3.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Word on the street is we are getting this 7'1 Plavsic kid as a transfer from Arizona State

He would have to sit a year unless they can get a waiver approved.

19. Ssmiff

Memphis will come in our house and whip us in the next few years with the recruits they are getting.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Penny is still a whiney [itch bay].