2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lololol what on earth is that call?!

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hes very athletic. He can run the floor and finish off either foot while catching tough passes.

3. Ssmiff

Good ballgame. We showed well on national tv and played pretty well outside of horribly timed turnovers.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Remember when Azubuke got the ball one on one with Pons a few possessions back and just passed it out rather than going at him? He doesn’t want it.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've said it before but Pons might be the best pure athlete i've ever seen in person

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Good teams win, GREAT teams cover.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Hung in there a lot better than I thought. Just outmatched in this game.

James killed us. Had he had just a decent game we win.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Team is trending up

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He’s going to be drafted. I think he comes back next year to try to improve his stock, but he has shown up in the second round of a few mocks for THIS year.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

with a healthy Turner, that was a win

11. Ssmiff

Hope we can keep the trend of players really improving, if they can make it thru the program. Look at what Grant, admiral, bone, Alexander, fulk and Pons became from freshman to jr years. Started with Punter the year he transformed his shot.

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Was watching Torviks computer rankings out of curiosity. We went up 5 spots after that loss.

No such thing as moral victories, but it certainly helped the metrics.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

That lineup that had Pember, Olivier, Jalen Johnson, JJJ and either Fulky or Pons in the 1st half was killer. Lost us our lead instantly.

I hope Vescovi and Uros can take huge leaps like Pons has. I think Nkamhoua and Jalen Johnson need to look elsewhere after the season.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I want the team to keep getting better before we play Florida, Auburn, and Kentucky. That seemed to happen today. Vescovi was noticeably more solid with the ball. Pons and Fulkerson played with aggression. Bowden came back from the dead. I’m not unhappy with the L.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Son's birthday is today, so didn't get to watch the game. Glad to see we kept it close. If there were actually any repercussions for the brawl in the special needs seating area, we'd have walked out of there with an easy W.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This team is getting better. I’m not sure whether it’s fast enough to make the tournament, but I think that Santi, JJJ, Pons, and Fulky are going to be a nice baseline for when all those top 40 recruits come in next year

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

JJJ killed us today, absolutely killed us. But, he's a freshman and this was bound to happen.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

not sure if pons will still be here. he looks draftable.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Yves Pons would score 24 points in Lawrence, Kansas. Dude had 78 points all season last year.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If he asks for advice I bet they’ll tell him to come back.