2019 Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Feb 8, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Approximately 8,200 cubic inches.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was told there would be no math.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Why don't you accept this math trophy?

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Have seen reporters on the recruiting sites today suggest that we lead for Wright and Crouch.

That's neat.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Fields and McCollough possibly too

6. BigOrangeBeech

Also looks like we're going after 5* DT that' transferring from Clemson, Josh Belk

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We got a CB for Crouch. The top 2 players in the entire class very well could both be Vols.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As long as Pruitt wins some games, it's possible

lylsmorr likes this.
  9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Has anyone ever landed the #1 and #2 overall in the same class? I am fairly certain that’s never been done.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Of course, we’d do it, and promptly turn in 3 straight 6-6 seasons.

11. BigOrangeBeech

We may go 6-6, or 7-5, but we're dang sure gonna look like a football team. I feel like it's gonna be similar to Kiffins first year. We'll have our losses, but I feel like We will play tough against everybody we play.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yep. Pruitt’s 7-5 will be infinitely more fun than any of Butch’s seasons.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This is how I feel as well. I would love for this year's team, like in Kiffin's first year, have a break out game and just completely destroy uga.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Or Auburn. We owe those toilet paper twirling dough bags an L

TDVol1989 and Volgrad98 like this.
  15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...ols-alabama-football-jeremy-pruitt-nick-saban

“You know, the big thing when it comes to guys that are grad transfers is if they’ve shown the maturity to do what it takes to get their degree,” said Pruitt, who worked for Saban from 2007-09 as Alabama’s director of player development, from 2010-12 as defensive backs coach, and in 2016 and 2017 as defensive coordinator.

“Obviously, I don’t think they would be leaving a situation where they felt like they could continue to have success,” Pruitt said. “If they’ve earned their degree, in my opinion, they’ve earned the right to choose where they want to go by their maturity and the things that they’ve accomplished.”

IP likes this.
  16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

hohenfelsvol and IP like this.
  17. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

So far I really am liking the fact that Pruitt is basically saying "screw it" I want to get kids in and win now!

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like that he's speaking truth to power regarding transfers, too.

Oldvol75 and Memtownvol like this.
  19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

He reminds me of what Stoops did at OU to get the ball rolling. Plug in as many holes as possible as soon as possible. (don't get excited nyy)

Oldvol75 likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Saban retires.

Bama wooes Dabo for weeks, but can’t land him.

Panics and hires Pruitt 3 days before NSD.

The whole class goes with him.

We panic, re-hire Dooley, citing his knowledge of TN, time with Cowboys and that Mizzou had Top 100 offense in time of possession.

With only 3 days before NSD, Dooley signs 20 kids - all from East Tennessee. Extremely high character kids.

At this news, Big Arnge Nay-shun takes to the streets in celebration, and cite his “signin’ only local boys” and “love for Tennessee” as the basis for their demands that the head of General Neyland’s statue be removed and replaced with Dooley’s, instead.

Several months later, Tennessee actually does it, and all while filming it, so as to mix it with highlight film of the ‘cruits in the “all local boy class”, and releases a compilation DVD under some title like “The Boys are Back in Town!”.

DVD’s sell 18 million copies.

We lose every game for the next 4 years by an average margin of 78 points.

Fire Dooley, and hopefully just in time for Butch to have regained his luster.

Rinse. Repeat.

BigOrangeBeech, kptvol and warhammer like this.