2019 Vol Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by lylsmorr, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Just barely grazing the very edge of one ball, on its way up to your face, and where it then blinds you.

justingroves likes this.
  2. tfannon

tfannon Member

This place is [uck fay]ed up. In a glorious manner. Where else can you find a discussion, in the middle of a baseball discussion, about the blinding repercussions of an orange m&m laden flying turd. Bravo.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

FWIW , Kendall Rogers of D1 Baseball said that he would not be shocked if Tennessee advanced out of this Regional. HE and the D11 Baseball crew picked 63 of 64 teams in the tournament correctly. He said that Tennessee was a big sleeper pick for them and has said in the past week or so that they would be scary to draw for a lot of teams.

Also, Vitello said today that Crochet had been practicing and will be available this weekend after suffering that gruesome facial injury vs Ole Miss. He said that Stallings will get the start on Friday. He told Trey Wallace today that Crochet had steel plates used during surgery, so there is not even a need for a mask.

Tennessee will play Liberty, a team that it beat 7-1 back in late Feb. They threw a guy that day that essentially was their go to midweek guy vs P5 teams so I doubt that we would see him again. My guess is that they will go with their regular Friday guy McInvale who has pitched in 16 games this season.. Looks like he has thrown just shy of 100 innings on the season... 10-2 with a 3.25 ERA... like that fact that he walks roughly 1 per inning on average and he has given up a bunch of extra base hits.... Liberty was much better at home this year than they were on the road.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

playing with fresh steel plates... like a terminator.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Vitello sounded very confident on Basilio’s show yesterday. While he stopped short of making any promises, he didn’t take exception to many prognosticators saying that TN had an excellent chance of making it out of that group, and the hinting that UNC is a paper tiger.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Our ace starting off rough after a 3 hour rain delay is peak Tennessee

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I had the end of the UNC game on and I swear I saw something that said they weren’t going to start the UT/Liberty game until 11 Saturday.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

They ended up playing.. well Liberty did anyway....That was a lackluster performance by Tennessee... they didn't even look emotionally in the game. Stallings was not good, defense made mistakes, hitters let a mid week guy who they and multiple P5 teams crushed in the regular season look like Tom Glavine. Stallings was obviously off from the jump. Probably should have just pulled him and brought him back sooner in the regional. Decide to pull after they plate 6 and then they did nothing rest of the game.

Going forward this team needs to desperately find a LF who appears to GAF. Multiple errors in LF over the last month that were either careless or appeared to be a lack of effort. Also, not sure I have I seen a team make so many base running mistakes as this team does. Ok, well maybe the LV softball team in the Super Regional.

Quick turn around for a noon set start against a Wilmington team that almost beat UNC for a 2nd time this year.

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Vols blasted UNC Wilmington today.

Good news that Crochet came back and threw 2 innings after that scary facial injury against Ole Miss.

Vols play at noon Sunday vs loser of the UNC-Liberty game... Loser goes home, winner plays at 6... the if necessary game would be Monday around 1

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

At least we didn’t go 2 and done

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

If all I have to do is lean into a pitch to get on base, I could have been the best hitter alive.

12. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Vols get lucky in bottom of the 9th.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

You may have something there IP.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Who knew college bball could be fun?

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I can't believe that sequence of events.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That one Liberty player just completely choked. He had the hit that led to the disastrous end of the 9th and then the error that kept Tennessee at the plate.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

anybody care to summarize? I take it we play in final?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I enjoyed it when I was in school up there

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

heck yeah. We'd play basketball, tap a keg and walk back and forth to behind the first base line