POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Beware random glitter. The stuff is omnipresent this time of year.

smokysbark, cpninja and JT5 like this.
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Amen. As soon as you start throwing up Christmas decorations, wearing spiffy sweaters, singing carols and drinking lots of wine...these gay bastards seem to fall from the damned sky.

Particularly the real freakishly flamboyant ones.

Just parading all around, breathing all the hetero people’s air.

JT5 likes this.
  3. Tenacious D

Haha, queer!

gcbvol likes this.
  4. cpninja

cpninja Member

Once you find the glitter, it's probably too late IMO. Might as well pick out a couple shelter dogs to rescue and get caught up on whatever RuPaul is up to these days

IP and gcbvol like this.
  5. gcbvol

Currently working through season 1 of RuPaul's Drag Race UK. CP knows shit.

smokysbark likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

Presented without comment. (It’s perfect, just as it is).

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Saw this quote and it seems on point here even if it originated from the former AG of Kenya.

"Unfortunately, for the majority of us who have the privilege to work in a public office, the ultra-ego becomes an obsession so that the chase cars and the saluting, aides rushing around with the bags become the end goal in itself. And even when you are no longer happy, you don't know any other life. You crave it like a junkie because you have forgotten any other life."

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wow.

11. Tenacious D

This is why I starting learning chess a little over a year ago.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I mean, look no further for gift ideas, right?

NorrisAlan and Tenacious D like this.
  13. gcbvol

I can't stand the guy, but he plays this game as good as anyone. Stoking the flames of the current D drama while simultaneously angling for disgruntled Bernie supporters (should he not win).

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Just to lighten the mood a little bit.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Don't put all the black [cows] in the middle! We are trying to be moderate!"

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I identified with the last bit where Rose Byrne's character says "I'm from here" and Steve Carrel's character can't believe the level of bullshit being let to slide.

18. gcbvol

Serious question. Is the term American Heartland a racist dog whistle? I've been trying to limit social media, but apparently this tweet caused an absolute uproar on the left. I know I've heard the term used by politicians/presidents left and right before so am assuming this is a fairly new take?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I never liked the term, but know of no racist connotation and find it bewildering why Pete is being taken to task for a word used by every nominee in the last 100 years.

see, you interpret these things as being about Sanders or Biden... no, it is about people for whatever reason seeing him as an easy target. I don't know why, and it isn't fair, but it is literally just randos doing it. absolute randos.

20. gcbvol

In most cases it is a bunch of randos. In this case there appear to be a ton of blue check media and celebrity folk (I know) railing along with the usual bro crowd. Just seems like an odd thing to jump on so viciously. I suppose it's about looking for something ugly right before the caucuses.

They say it's:
    1) a racist dog whistle.
    2) him claiming only the Midwest counts as a true American / a slam on the rest of the country

How they get the second part when he is clearly contrasting his upbringing versus Washington politics I have no clue. And the first point seems to imply there are no Black and Brown folks in middle America.