POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not sure if serious. . .

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I might frame this.

U-S-A!
    U-S-A!
    U-S-A!

justingroves likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You mean a racist movement, obviously false, designed to undermine the president as illegitimate and not even an American by a future isn't worse than being accurately accused of an impeachable offense? You serious? How are you all buying into this Trump as a Victim bullshit?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not saying the trump vitriol isn't mostly justified. i'm simply arguing the vitrol for obama wasn't worse by any measure.

warhammer likes this.
  5. Unimane

I don't see how it wasn't. Well, it wasn't when it was a collection of fringe crazies pushing. But, Trump, as a serious presidential candidate and future president with obvious political influence, pushing it makes it a big deal and it was one of the worst, probably the worst, campaign I've ever seen against a presidential candidate.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

trump wasn't a serious presidential candidate at the time. and it's still one man compared to 99% of the media.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Anecdotal again, but in my circles including social media posts, I truly dont know of anyone who cared about the birth certificate thing. Nobody.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

10. Unimane

It certainly had enough clout the president was forced to release his birth certificate. And, again, the media is a problem created by Trump, largely, himself. He picks fights with them for no reason, pisses and moans about any sort of criticism and, by and large, the media reports about him are true. There isn't anything remotely close to a media instigated phony campaign for years like Birthergate. It was a campaign based upon nothing other than Obama being a black guy with a foreign dad who was Muslim. There's nothing comparable for Trump. Hell, he gets a much greater pass for things which Obama would never have sniffed the White House for doing.

11. Ssmiff

Trump didn't create a media problem. This whole deal just exposed them for what they are to many more who had no idea.

Tenacious D likes this.
  12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm still waiting on the real one, but I guess those Kenyan records are hard to find.

13. Tenacious D

gcbvol likes this.
  14. Tenacious D

This.

15. Unimane

It did? For whom? And, what was "exposed"? I've seen few instances of this happening. Those who believe this narrative have believed it for years. Trump being a prolific liar hasn't exposed anything about the media.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm trying to figure out how the media is so left wing and biased while simultaneously it is fox news with the highest ratings and self-described conservative media dwarfs all other politically identifying media.

the democratic debate moderators literally frame the questions in the form of right wing media criticisms. most people must not know what a left wing media bias would look like.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

One news outlet against thousands evens everything out?

18. Unimane

One against "thousands"?

NashVol11 likes this.
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how many left leaning news outlets are there? Certainly in the high hundreds

20. Unimane

What are we counting as outlets? Because there is certainly a LOT more than just one conservative news outlet.

NashVol11 likes this.