POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Now Indy is shit-housing IP.

Indy. Is shit-housing. IP.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's no way to reschedule, is there?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's said plenty of dumb things, but he's never said it was a hoax

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, but it took almost two hours to vote.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

He said the concerns were a hoax.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can you provide me with a quote or two where Trump said that Coronavirus “concerns” are a hoax?

I’m pretty sure he just pointed out that the Democrat’s politicization of it is the hoax. You’ve got journalists calling it Trumpvirus, people claiming Anthony Fauci was “muzzled” by the administration, which Fauci has vehemently denied, and Elizabeth Warren claiming Pence is the worst guy for handling this because he wouldn’t use tax payer dollars to fund needles for people’s heroin addictions in Indiana (which is a very complicated issue).

Trump has handled Coronavirus just fine, but the media is out there trying to convince everyone that he’s bungled it and making it out to be more dangerous than it is to make Trump look bad ahead of an election. No one is saying Coronavirus isn’t dangerous or that people shouldn’t be concerned. But most people who actually know what they’re talking about have made it pretty clear that the average American is not at significant risk of contracting or dying from Coronavirus.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tons of people have claimed he said Coronavirus is a hoax. Because with Trump, it doesn’t really matter what he actually said. Just make something up and run with it.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I absolutely think that Trump made a rare misstep in giving the appearance of more concern over the market than the well-being of Americans (e.g., saying we’d be down to only a few cases in no time while the CDC was saying just minutes later ‘this will spread’).

However, when he said hoax, I agree he was talking about the ‘politicization’. However, criticizing him doesn’t have to be politicization. Based on what he was saying there were reasons to be concerned. Are reasons to be concerned. He’s very focused on perception. Probably too much so.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

so it is a hoax that Democrats are politicizing it? Agreed.

claiming trump is "handling" it just fine at this point in time is literally politicizing it given that it is an emerging and growing outbreak, and calling any criticism or concern politicalization while making that claim is rank hypocrisy and partisanship, Indy.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

but you replied to me about something I didn't say. you are a hypocrite.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dem’s are politicizing it into the next hoax, i.e. the one that comes after Ukraine and Russia.

No one is automatically calling “any” criticism or concern politicization. People, including myself, are pointing to very specific examples of politicization, and calling a spade a [uck fay]ing spade. You’re not this [uck fay]ing stupid, so I’m not sure why you’re pretending to be.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m waiting for you to provide quotes where Trump said “concerns” about Coronavirus are a hoax. Your post asked why he “keeps” calling Coronavirus concerns a hoax, so I trust you have AT LEAST 2 examples, and hopefully closer to 3-5.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

what does that mean? what is the hoax? finish this sentence for me: The hoax is that _____."

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Trump is mishandling the Coronavirus and not taking it seriously as a threat. That has been the message from dems and the media, and it’s just not true.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, you are flipping it again. you, Indy, responded as if I said he called the corona virus itself a hoax. I did not. he has characterized criticism and concern as a hoax. that is my understanding. if that is wrong, please clarify exactly what is the hoax.

Mike Pence also spoke on this claiming politicization. Chuck Todd immediately asked him to name the names of who was politicizing it and he didn't have any names.

if the hoax wasn't referring to the virus or to concerns, what is the hoax?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

so the concerns. thank you.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

just curious, what do you make of his comments about there being only 15 cases and they'd be gone soon, contradicting what the experts beside him were saying? do you think he is right that this will all go away soon?

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I am not flipping anything. I responded the way I did because you’re misquoting him, just like others did, even if it’s not in the exact same way. A ton of people said he called the virus a hoax. That was 100% false. You claim he called the concerns about Coronavirus a hoax. I’m asking you for quotes. This is like the 3rd time I’ve asked, and you have yet to provide me with one.

Except Pence did name a name. He pointed to this article, specifically, which I alluded to earlier:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/opinion/coronavirus-trump.html

Can we post the video so we can hear how Chuck Todd sounds like a [uck fay]ing idiot, both in the way he asks the question, and in his reply when Pence literally gives him exactly what he asked for? Please post it. It’s embarrassing.

I’m done trying to explain this to you because I know you understand it and are feigning ignorance.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I feel like I’m watching the Kentucky game all over again. And Indy is Fulky.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think Trump says a lot of stupid shit. I don’t think it has any effect whatsoever on the situation itself.