POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pr...-coronavirus-79760453643?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_mtp

Number of names: zero. Number of politicians invoked: zero. I don't see how contradicting your point proves it, but enjoy.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He’s just straight killing IP, at every turn.

Indy has his number.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You will only have yourselves to blame when he starts dropping poems on you.

hohenfelsvol and TennTradition like this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I agree with the statement by Roberts regarding Schumer's comments. However, Roberts said nothing about Trump demanding justices recuse themselves last week. He should be consistent.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well saying they should recuse themselves can’t be construed as a threat.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How are the 2 statements in any way comparable?

8. Unimane

Trump demanded the Supreme Court abandon their role in a checks and balances system because he would benefit personally. That should have been met with a statement from Roberts just as Schumer, very deservedly, got one.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trump requesting 2 judges who have publicly expressed a clear bias against him recuse themselves from cases involving him. This is something done every day in courthouses across America.

10. Unimane

They did not express a clear bias. They, very correctly, noted and supported the position the administration was abusing the expedited cases going in front of the Supreme Court, abetted by the court. They said, again, correctly, there was a process for this and the expedited cases were used in limited exceptions.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I would be shocked if Judges presiding over a case about you who had said the following about you would not be asked to recuse themselves.

"Uni is a faker," "He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with ..."

"I can't imagine what the neighborhood would be — with Uni as our HOA President" it's "time for us to move to another city."

"most troublingly to me, recent court's behavior" has benefited "Uni over all others."

If your Attorney does not call for the Judges to recuse themselves he/she should be disbarred for mal-practice.

JT5 and zehr27 like this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

“Column in the NYT by a prominent liberal journalist that said we should name it the Trumpvirus.”

That’s the equivalent of naming a name, for anyone who isn’t just trying to split hairs. He did EXACTLY what the host asked him to do.

And Chuck’s response is to cut him off and tell him that one person doesn’t mean everyone is doing it. It’s laughable.

“We’re all big.... we’re all big people here”

What a [uck fay]ing doofus.

13. Unimane

Before we argue this, should Trump's choices for the Supreme Court recuse themselves, as well?

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Biden's mental state is in serious question. Trump, for all his faults, is pretty damn sharp. He will eviscerate Biden in a systematic approach, like you would any termite or roach. I'm almost certain Biden has dementia.

Their (DNC) VP choice will be telling, there is no way they are dumb enough to think Biden has a chance come November. The VP choice is the real candidate.

They're gonna lose either way.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you think Pence was ahead in that exchange, there really isn't any point in discussing it further. If an entire ideological spectrum can be condemned based off a single journalist, they are just spouting off demagoguery.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So then, are we in agreement that he gave him a name, or at least gave him the equivalent of one?

Did Pence have an opportunity to list other examples? Did the host allow him an opportunity to give him more names?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

how could I agree that he gave him a name? should I just lie and pretend he did?

How can I pretend Pence effectively demonstrated a left wing pattern of spreading disinformation because he referenced one opinion piece in a newspaper?

I am not going to lie to you, Indy.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) Off the debate topic which was; does asking a Judge who has expressed a public and clear bias against you to recuse themselves from any cases involving you equal a public threat like “I want to tell you, Gorsuch; I want to tell you, Kavanaugh: You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

I do not think, outside the prism of political bias, it can be argued that 2 two are in any way equivalent.

2) To your question. If a Trump appointee publicly expresses a clear bias in favor of Trump then I will not have objection if they are asked to recuse themselves from cases involving him and I will not equate it to a public threat.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember when trump saying an ambassador should be made to go through some things, and to take her out was NOT a threat. but having to PAY a PRICE?! the vapors take me!

but whatever, I don't think the comments were proper.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You appear to want to make the comparison so let's go there. Trump in a private conversation regarding an employee "take her out" in your mind equates to what Schumer did. How so?